Buckethead?

Guitarfool

Supporting Member
http://www.bucketheadland.com/story/index.html

It's all part of a well crafted persona he's created that allows him to get over his severe stage fright.
Yea i heard that before as well (im not sure how much is true and some of it tongue in cheek/joking?)

I understand stage fright to a point, i think there are other possible ways to address things lol - but a KFC bucket will actually draw more eyes on you imo :rotflmao

Either way, hes a GREAT guitarist and player, he truly is

LPMojoGL

Music Room Superstar
Supporting Member
I was just reading some about Buckethead, and am amazed to see his output the past few years.
He released 31 albums in 2013, 60 in 2014, and 37 so far this year. I thought, surely this is some kinda gimmick or hoax.
Nope. Check it out here:
http://www.bucketheadpikes.com/

Many of the albums can be heard in their entirety on Youtube. There is a lot of really great stuff in there!
This kind of output reminds me of what I learned about Bach back in Music Appreciation class.
The guy known as Buckethead must be locking himself away, doing nothing else with his waking hours but making as much music as humanly possible.
I'm impressed.

I agree that Buckethead is no goofier looking than Slash or SRV or Prince.

I used to have the two CD Bucketheadland but sold it. I have looked for another copy but have not found it. I think it was awesome. I listen to as much of it as I can on YouTube. I would probably have more of his stuff if it wasn't as hard to find. Not that it is incredibly hard to find. I reckon I could order some online. But I like crate digging and going to the record store. It would be really awesome if I could find some Buckethead on records.

ned7flat5

I was watching a compilation of amateur home movie footage that he released at some time and was getting a bit "jaded" with the unrelenting shred when he suddenly launched into some really great country chicken pickin' - so maybe Brad Paisley is on notice ...ha ha.

ieso

Yeah, the stuff with Praxis is terrific .... I was getting B-head fatigue around 2001 and just gave up when Cobra Strike II came out. But he was definitely important to me as a player in the 90s

gmann

It's not my thing but talentless hack, no way. The guy is very talented, virtuoso? Yeah!

partytrain

He's my favorite guitar player that I don't listen to. I've got a handful of his songs on my iPod that come up occasionally, but his new stuff has a little bit of a "if you've heard one, you've heard them all" feeling to it.

One of the best live experiences I've had though. Just him and tracks. Never dropped out of character once. He actually had some technical difficulties and needed to have his tech out on stage to fix something with his board. I kept waiting for him to fall out of character to explain what the issue was, but a few robotic points and head nods got the job done.

Cymbaline

Love him, but I get he's an acquired taste.

I've never heard of any musician in the world that's as prolific though.

dead of night

It's easy to dislike Buckethead's persona and costume, but what many may not know is that he was raised by chickens in a chicken coop from a very young age. For that reason, he feels great empathy for chickens and KFC.