Bucktone Black Powder

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Chandyland, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Chandyland

Chandyland Member

So I'm looking to get rid of my Fulltone PlimSoul soon and replace it with something else; it's not really my thing. I'm very interested in the Bucktone Black Powder. I saw a thread about it a few months ago, but not much else since. Doesn't seem to be a very popular drive here.

Does anyone who has one find anything wrong with it? If possible, could someone post a video? I've seen most of the ones there are, but I don't think any of them are with an SG (which is what I play), and some are even through dirty amps. :messedup

Any info, recommendations, or warnings on this obscure pedal would be much appreciated!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  2. Abandoned

Abandoned Member

I have no problems with it... I seriously think its really great. It can be pretty girthy/fat/thick or thinned out and focused as you need it.
    I really like it, for the record it's currently not on my board but that's just cuz I don't need or want 5 drives on my board.

3. Chandyland

Chandyland Member

Yeah, it looks great; I think I'll get one. It would just be nice to play it before I buy it. I guess I have to get used to not having that luxury. :mad:

4. Abandoned

Abandoned Member

I totally understand. Are you buying new? Is there a return policy?

5. Bucktone

Bucktone Member

MrFalcon,
    If you would like to check one out before buying it you should participate on the TOURBOX that is going on. Check out the following link:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=981026

Also, it hasn't been posted on the website yet, but Black Powders are now $160 shipped and $130 with the tourbox discount (see TOURBOX thread for details)

Caleb Buck