Budda bud-wah

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by les_paul_strat, Oct 4, 2005.

1. les_paul_strat

les_paul_strat Member

I just won one off of ebay and i was just wondering what your thoughts on this pedal are.

2. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

I had one but didnt care for it .....I thought it was way to bright!

3. les_paul_strat

les_paul_strat Member

I dont like that high sound either.. I hope it was just something wrong with yours and mine will be fine ha ha

4. Legend

Legend Member

Love my bud-wah. If it's too bright you can simply adjust the Pot, never had any problems myself.

5. les_paul_strat

les_paul_strat Member

Do you have any sound slips of you using it?

6. eric-d

eric-d Member

Man - I really wish I would have kept mine. I LOVED the tone of it!! I'm probably gonna get another one for the small board! :)

7. Riscchip

Riscchip Member

Killer wah. I use an RMC3 now due to it's flexibility, but before that the Budda was my fave.

8. Scott Cioe

Scott Cioe Member

I love the Bud-wah!

My only gripe is that the treadle is a bit "loose", so that when I am really gettin' into rocking it back and forth, I tend to depress the switch.

I have heard you can add/subtract tenstion in the treadle, but I haven't figured out how!

9. Greggy

Greggy Member

I lowered the switch further into the housing to avoid accidentally switching it on and off, and i adjusted the pot 2 notches to rein in the high end. It's really easy. The plastic toothed gear that contacts the pot shaft gear can be moved out of the way so that the pot can be adjusted by hand. You'll have to open her up for the adjustments.

10. mojoslide

mojoslide Member

I like my Budda wah a lot - the best I've had so far in terms of tone. I haven't tried Fulltone or Teese, but I'm happy for now. I actually had to adjust the pot in mine to be more bright when I got it. I agree that the pedal action is a touch loose but not too much - it just takes time to get used to it. Also I really like how well it works with both single coils and humbuckers.

11. fr8_trane

fr8_trane Member

The other guitar player in my band has one and while I really like the tone of the pedal it has a HUGE volume boost when kicked in. WTF:confused: That makes it useless AFAIC. Is there some way to tame this? Yes its a stock pedal.

12. Guinness Lad

Guinness Lad Silver Supporting Member

Had a 1997 vintage Budda pedal but sold it immediately after I a/b'd it against the Teese picture wah. I moved the pot to reduce the brightness but compared to the Teese it has no harmonic complexity. If I was to compare using preamp tubes as a reference it would be like comparing a Sovtek 12ax7wa to a Mullard. The Budda is probably better then most of the GC stuff but it definitely doesn't stack up against the Teese. I hope you enjoy it just the same, I'm just sharing my experience.

13. Legend

Legend Member

I have not encountered this volume boost you speak of.

14. jazzygeoff

jazzygeoff Member

What he said... Instant Voodoo Chile!!! Great for rockin' the tone for variations and growly stuff doing fusion type of stuff. Sure there are other wahs out there that are more tweakable but IMHO when you are performing you can't tweak anyways so what is the point?

Enjoy your new toy!

15. mojoslide

mojoslide Member

No volume boost from my budda...Actually it keeps the volume really even when you kick it on which is another nice feature. I supposed it all depends on your setup though...

16. ExtraStrength

ExtraStrength Member

For me the Budda wah came in second to the Fulltone Clyde. The Budda was clearly better sounding then the Dunlop crybaby. As I remember it, the Budda had a very short throw when rocking the Wah. the fulltone has a longer throw and had a bigger sweet spot. In my humble opinion. YMMV.

17. les_paul_strat

les_paul_strat Member

It just came in today and i have to admit it is one rockin pedal. i love it and am so pleased plus i only paid 110 for it:dude

18. jazzygeoff

jazzygeoff Member

Voodo Chile in a box man! :JAM

19. les_paul_strat

les_paul_strat Member

You dont have to tell me twice to make me belive ya

20. New Angel

New Angel Guest

I think it is silly to talk about a sweet spot in relation to wah-wahs - they are dynamic effects, and are not to be judged like a fuzz which usually does have one setting to preform maximally.

That having been said, I think the Bud-wah tops them all.