Budda SD 18 and Scumback=Tone Heaven

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Burst59, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Burst59

Burst59 Member

Sweet feathery Jesus, I just bought a Scumback [FONT=&quot]H75, 30 watt speaker
    from one of our own [/FONT]jamison162 (thank you very much) It arrived today and I actually waited to put it in, I've been let down by every speaker except for my beloved 71 30 watt black cone Celestions that I've had for the last 21 years. Clips can be very deceiving. But I took the plunge based on allot of clips that were available.
    But I have to say this is the best speaker I've heard so far. If you have Budda SD 18 or 30 I would put one in immediately. Actually it doesent matter what amp you have...get these.
    The Budda is even better now. The weird harsh overtones are gone as well as the abrasive midrange. It is absolutely the best tone I have ever had. It's amazing with my 59 VOS Les Paul. Even my strat sounds good!
    Very sweet rich sounding. I'm getting 4 more of these for my 68 Marshall cab and then I'll run my 71 Marshall through them. Anyway gotta get back to playing.:AOK

I want to thank forum member RIK for telling me about them,
    jamison162 for selling them to me.:AOK

Also a heads up to the Oregon/Washington forum members
    Tone Fest is this Sunday starting at 11:am at my restaurant
    Geraldi's On Lombard in Beaverton

2. sickboy79

sickboy79 Member

Very cool. I haven't tried Scumbacks yet but, hear nothing but good things. I'm an SD30 series 1 (PTP and not mid pull switch) head owner myself. I run mine with either GBs or G12H30s in a couple different Marshall 4x12s. Amazing tone. I can only imagine the Scumbacks are as awesome!

3. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Time Warped Gold Supporting Member

Burst59! Thanks for the update on the speaker! I was really hoping it would sound great for you.. and it sounds just like my experience! Scumback speakers are just awesome! Just wait,, It gets even better with time! :D

Tonefest at you're restaurant? Wow that sounds fun! wish I was closer! food and tones!

Jam on

4. Scumback Speakers

Scumback Speakers Gold Supporting Member

Burst59, I'm happy the H75 made such a nice impression on you that you felt the need to start a thread. Thanks, and enjoy!

5. Burst59

Burst59 Member

It just sounds great right out of the box. I just got through playing it again.
    One thing I noticed is that it sounds good at all volume levels. It does not need to be pushed to sound good, so that's big plus for me.