Budda SD 30 In The House!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by M@tt C, Apr 5, 2008.

1. M@tt C

M@tt C Supporting Member

Just got my new SD 30 head on Tuesday, and after spending a couple of hours with it I am STOKED! This is the first new amp for me in a couple of years, and I did a ton of research/ demoing before I pulled the trigger.

Amazing amp- love the chimey cleans, especially with single coils. Just sounds beautiful. The "out of phase" positions on my Suhr never sounded so good. Gives me a whole new tonal palette to work with.

Kick it to the overdrive section and it just screams. Fat, harmonically rich notes just fly out of this thing. Very juicy and sweet sounding. Power chords sustain then go into sweet feedback, even at lower volumes. Roll the volume back bit on the guitar, and it cleans up very nicely.

All in all it seems to be a very versatile, great sounding amp. I'm very happy with it so far- it's exactly what I was looking for. Tonight will be the trial by fire- got a gig, and I can't wait to hear it with my band.

Rock on!:dude

2. ecbluesman54

ecbluesman54 Member

Congrats! The are awesome amps! You made a good choice!

3. soldano16

soldano16 Member

I am so perfectly satisfied with my amps yet for some reason a Budda is definitely the amp I want to try next.

Congrats. Budda's seem to almost always get great reviews.

4. Lawn Jockey

Lawn Jockey Member

Congrats.......I imagine you'll never part with it!!

5. Rock72

Rock72 Member

You'll love the amp. Miss mine. Considering getting the SD30 head version now....

6. enharmonic

enharmonic Old Growth Gold Supporting Member

I miss my SD30 combo. Jeff builds a great amp.

7. M@tt C

M@tt C Supporting Member

Holy smokes- I couldn't have asked for a more perfect amp last night. From chimey clean to all out screaming overdrive, the Budda had it covered. Rolling the volume down on the guitar when on the OD channel gave all sorts of shades of dirty. Found that hitting the clean side with my fuzz cranked up sounded amazing too.

My bandmates were way impressed as well- "that amp sounds GOOD" was said numerous times last night, and they're a tough crowd to wow.

All in all I'm extrememly happy with it. Glad I got the 30 for the little bit of headroom over the 18. My only complaint- I wish there was a channel indicator light on the footswitch. But, I can live with that.

The amp is a keeper!