• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Budda Verbmaster

davetcan

Just picked up an old Verbmaster Head in a custom small box purple head shell. Does anyone have a copy of the manual that they could pdf me? Just looking for what tube does what and also what the footswitch does. I don't have the switch, just debating if it's worth getting one :) Not a lot of info I can find out there anywhere.

cheers!

davetcan

Not from Hugh but I know it's the one he had for sale for awhile :) Appreciate anything you can come up with.

Love the Beano quote btw :)

That was mine at one point - if you got it from Hugh. I'll see if I have anything.

v-verb

Yep that was mine at one time. I can't find any Verb Master manual and don't have one on my PC. I checked my manuals and I have a StringMaster manual but that won't help you.

IIRC any footswitch will work to turn the reverb on and off. Do you have a TwinMaster manual? That is the closest thing since they are very close. You can find it here but there isn't much to it http://www.budda.com/resources/index.cfm

Yep that's was a funny quote I just couldn't ignore! Strangely enough I'm fascinated by Dumble lore even though I had 2 very early Bludotones (they were excellent) but far prefer Marshalls (the Bogner Helios 100 is a compendium of Plexi to hor rodded Marshalls in one box - fantastic amp!!). The Budda StringMaster is apparently Budda's attempt to cop a Dumble-esque tone. How so I have no idea

mickelodeon

Hey v-verb, I think you mean the Stringmaster is Budda's (successful) attempt at being the best tone ever... Just thought I'd correct that for you...

davetcan

Thanks guys! I found out the switch turns the verb on and off and the second button switches between surf and sand. I had a Superdrive 18 for awhile and really liked it but ultimately needed more headroom for outdoor stuff. Not sure if I'll keep this or not yet, I just took it in on trade, but it does sound really good. I'm not playing out much these days so it might be a good basement small club amp. Certainly easy to grab and go in the smaller head shell.

A tube chart would be really handy :)

LesPaulPlayer

For reference purposes.

My old 2000 Verbmaster 18 tube layout was as follows when it originally shipped from Budda:

First preamp tube Sovtek 12AX7WB (furthest from the rectifier) is first and second gain stages. The High Gain input uses both stages.

Second preamp tube Sovtek 12AX7WA is the reverb mix.

Third preamp tube Chinese 12AU7 is the reverb driver.

Forth preamp tube Sovtek 12AX7WA is the phase inverter.

The next two sockets are for the Sovtek EL84 power tubes followed by the Sovtek 5U4G rectifier in the final socket.

Trending Topics