1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Budda vs Fulltone Clyde Wah

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Rock-On!!, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Rock-On!!

Rock-On!! Member

I did a search and couldn’t seem to find a direct comparison of these two. I found a lot of Vox, Teese and others, but nothing in a heads up between these two.

I seldom use a wah, but I will have one on the board for some Hendrix and SRV tunes.
    Price aside, how do these two compare for that type of tone.

I know someone hear has had to of owned both at one time.
    I would like to here your input on each.
    Thanks,

2. KeithC

KeithC Silver Supporting Member

I prefer the Clyde to the Budda. I also had a Teese RMC 1 and really liked it.
    I actually got the Budda two different times and just couldn't warm up to it either time
    Right now I have the standard Clyde and don't see any reason to get rid of it.

3. Rock-On!!

Rock-On!! Member

Thanks Keith,
    Anyone else tried the two:NUTS

4. JackButler

JackButler Supporting Member

I had the Budda, got a Clyde Deluxe, went back to a Budda!
    I nee dot try a Teese myself.
    Also, one no one knows about is the Dunlop Hendrix SPECIAL, has to be the special, hardly see them. Add a TB to this and your set, very nice throaty wah for little $.

5. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009

I like the travel & feel of the Budda better. I also dig the color! It's an awesome wah, capable of anything.

6. bluesjuke

bluesjuke Disrespected Elder

I didn't care for the travel on the Clyde Deluxe I had for two years either.
    That might be from being used to the shorter travel wahs over the years.

One thing I would like to know is if the standard Fulltone Clyde bears any difference from the "Jimi" setting on the Fulltone Clyde Deluxe.
    You might keep that in mind too if you can try both Fulltones out.

7. Sid

Sid Member

Hey Rock-on,
    I owned a Budda Wah,I sold it after i tried an rmc 2.

The budda does not have any tweakability....Its sweep is designed very well though...through a lot of control,one can achieve different voicings....

Its a nice wah,but it wasnt true bypass,affected my tone a little too much,so i got rid of it....

the rmc2...when dialled in correctly, gets very close to the character of the budda,but because of its tweakability,it does a lot more...and doesnt affect the tone either...so am now gassing for one:RoCkIn

8. Rock-On!!

Rock-On!! Member

The only other wah I have tried was a vox 848 and I thought it was decent. When my son went off to school it went with him, as well as the rest of the pedals. I don’t live in an area where I can just run down to the local music chain and try these out, so I am relying on feedback from other users before I buy.

Basically, I am trying to narrow it down to one or two and will probably buy both used and resell the one that I don’t connect with.

I wish Teese, Budda and the others had some sound files.:jo

9. Sid

Sid Member

Rock-on: staying in singapore i know exactly how u feel...all my pedals are based on soundclips and reviews...

if price is not an issue...i suggest u think about a teese wah....rmc2 for more tweakability...rmc3 for even more but the tweaks are inside so its a set and leave...rmc has knobs outside...to change in between songs...

I bought the Budda on the soundclip(some user site) and review...but I found that most of my affection for the pedal was more of an attempt to just feel content that i hadnt wasted my money and effort...it left me wanting more....so i sold it...there was a noticeable change in gain between on and off...and also a change in tone...if u are really particular(the kinda person who notices the difference in clarity between cables...between TB and non TB)...its not for u...

hope this helps:crazy

10. Rock-On!!

Rock-On!! Member

Thanks Sid,
    The reason I stated that the price was not an issue was because I had located both the Budda and the Fulltone for the same price.

I know the feeling about trying to feel good about the money spent on gear.
    Been there, done that and got the T-Shirt.......

I wouldn’t classify myself as particular. It would lean more towards the compulsive side.:crazy
    My effects are TB and I still use a loooper. :eek:

You may be right about the rmc2 and 3, but I don’t like knobs on the outside though. I would find myself constantly twisting them. I would rather have something set and forget about it.

I did find this tasty clip of the rmc3 Voodoo Chile

I just sent a PM on a Teese in the Emporium,,
    Who knows it might be just what the doctor ordered.

11. Sid

Sid Member

yea i saw that...sadly i just bought a memory man, an analogman chorus and a cmatmods tubeslammer deluxe so i have to wait on the wah...:messedup

but i am very particular about the exact sound...as u wld say...compulsive even...so i need to change the q and the settings on each song...hence..im saving up for an rmc2....play a lotta stuff...hehe:RoCkIn

12. Rock-On!!

Rock-On!! Member

I wonder if the picture wah sounds as good?

13. Sid

Sid Member

I think its slightly different...:)..but it does paint a pretty picture

14. Droptop

Droptop Supporting Member

I owned a Budda for 2 years and switched to the Clyde Deluxe. I like the range I get with the Clyde Deluxe better. The three voices are great, though I don't go to the Shaft setting too often.

15. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

I love my Clyde Standard, first Fulltone product I've ever owned and I am loving it.. I love the full rang sweep. I got rid of a Teese Picture Wah for this one.

16. 56_Special

56_Special Member

I read somewhere that the Dunlop Hendrix Special is just the regular Crybaby with the .01uf cap switched out to a .022uf cap. If this is true, then you can get the same quality for about $20 cheaper by doing the mod yourself.

Best,

Martin

17. nlopez

nlopez Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

Then the Clyde would be a better deal perhaps?

18. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

ditto! my fave!:AOK

19. Roodyrocker

Roodyrocker Member

Once I tried the Fulltone Clyde Deluxe I never looked at another Wah. Its an awesome wah! I like the travel on it better than standard wah's too. I always thought that the Crybaby seemed to run out of travel too soon. Admittedly, I have never tried the Budda but the Clyde Deluxe put an end to my search for a good wah :)

20. Sharkey

Sharkey Member

Clyde Deluxe for me!!! Sounds great and built like a tank. I'm like Roodyrocker (Search Over):AOK