Buddy guys fuzz??

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Bacton, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Bacton

Bacton Member

Im looking for the fuzz pedal used by buddy guy on his sweet tea album. Most notably on track 2 "baby please dont leave me." Im assuming he is just using his bassman and this pedal but i may be wrong.

2. Seegs

Seegs Member

I don't know if Buddy uses a fuzz or any pedals for that matter...what I do know is that when I saw him live he had a Victoria Tweed Bassman and it was so loud that it was farting out and sounded really fuzzy!!

Chow,
    Seegs

3. EXP

EXP Supporting Member

sweet tea is a great album. i remembering hearing he used a Mesa/Boogie preamp for hi-gain tones and silverface Twins in the studio(dont quote me on that though)

ive seen Buddy live 4 times, everytime he had the Cybertwin halfstack.

4. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

I have the Guitar Player issues that talks about the gear he used. I'll try to remember to look it up tonight, it is in my studio's bathroom.:eek:

5. Bacton

Bacton Member

Any ideas? I would love to know. Its such an awsome tone

6. pacomc79

pacomc79 Member

doesn't buddy have the Fender 25DB mid boost TBX pot in his strat?

It could certainly be that combined with whatever amp he was using.

7. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Biggus Bearfootus Vendor

Correct, its t he midboost out of t he Clapton strat electronics ---- which would easily overdrive an amp....

8. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

Alright, I found it. GP August 2001 issue.

Les Paul through a '50s Gibson Explorer with a 10" speaker. No pedals used on the album. "She Got the Devil in Her" also used the LP/Explorer combo.

Other songs had a strat through Deluxe Reverbs, Super Reverbs and a Dumble with many songs having a two amp setup.

Hope that helps.:D

9. enharmonic

enharmonic Old Growth Gold Supporting Member

I don't think that's a fuzz. I think it's Buddy going for it with a cranked amp. That's the only Buddy Guy album I can listen too, because it's the only one I've heard in which Buddy remembered that he has testicles.

If I remember correctly, he used a lot of guitars that you wouldn't normally associate him with on that album. ;)

10. madsr

madsr Member

saw Buddy last summer and he was playing through the victoria... the only pedal I saw him use was a wah during Voodoo Chile...