Buddy Holly Strat 58

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by motorcitychick, Dec 21, 2009.

1. motorcitychick

motorcitychick Member

Does anyone have any info about Fender possibly doing a Buddy Holly Strat from the custom shop and would this be a masterbuilt limited produced edition or a team built?:bow

2. Amp360

Amp360 Senior Member

the custom shop restored one of his a while ago. GP has an article about it.

3. motorcitychick

motorcitychick Member

I read the article on the Holly Strat being restored, but I am hearing from other forums that a possible Holly Strat is going to be made from the Fender Custom Shop and I am quite excited about this. I was wondering if anyone on this forum had more inside info. I will be at Namm next month and maybe I can get a Fender Rep to answer this.

4. SGNick

SGNick Member

Does the world really need another strat that is 99.9% identical to an already available strat?

5. Drew816

Drew816 Supporting Member

:rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

The answer apparently is yes...

:drink :D

6. SFLP

SFLP Member

Fender did a run of '58s a couple of years ago that were all masterbuilt by Mark Kendrick. I believe they had pretty thin necks and were done in a closet classic finish. They were not officially named Buddy Holly guitars but I think it was implied. I seem to recall that they also came with a backpack as part of the case candy.

7. tim gueguen

tim gueguen Member

Don't hold your breathe. Holly's widow is said to be very agressive in her demands for licensing fees, and supposedly Fender isn't willing to pay what she wants.