Budget 2x12 Cab recommendations for a vintage Selmer Treble n' Bass 50 Mk ii?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by ChitownTerror, May 8, 2016.

1. ChitownTerror

ChitownTerror Member

I recently scored a 65ish Selmer Treble n' Bass 50 head (mark II) and need to find a cab to go with it. Since I'm located in Prague, CZ, it's tough but not impossible to find vintage gear and American custom cab makers (or even cheapo cab makers like Jet City) are completely out of the question and anything over 600 Euros is out of the budget at the moment.

I'd like to find a vertical 2x12 if possible but any decent 2x12 should do as long as the cab is well constructed and the speakers can handle some pretty loud volume (one project is pretty garagey/noisy, the other's more heavy psych).

Any suggestions for EU cab makers (loaded or unloaded) or current production cabs that won't break the bank price wise?

2. crazyneddie

crazyneddie Member

Wow that's a cool amp. I think Kossof started out with one.

3. ChitownTerror

ChitownTerror Member

Thanks! Syd Barrett used 'em too.

I got it for a crazy good deal out of Hungary a few days ago. I put it through the paces with a friend's homemade cab right after I got it- it's kind of a weird half-way point between at a Marshall JTM and a Vox AC50.

crazyneddie likes this.
  4. ChitownTerror

ChitownTerror Member

Bump? Anyone got any ideas? Nobody knows what these suckers were paired with and they're pretty loud (I've read from multiple people that the 50w rating is really on the conservative side) so I'm worried about frying speakers if I pair the head with a Vox cab or something.