Budget Languedoc Help

pompeii0

I am looking at adding a Languedoc style guitar to my arsenal as they seem to check a lot of boxes for me. Which of the budget models out there (Eastwood, Phred, etc.) would you recommend and why? I would like to stay under $1500 (as far under as possible lol) and am not against having to upgrade a few parts here and there on a budget model.

Thanks!

lostpick

Silver Supporting Member
Man, I'd get a PRS Hollow SE. For the money, you won't get a better guitar. Used, you can get one for in the 8 range. Then I'd spend the extra on a Ross clone pedal and a TS type if you're going for Trey's tone.

wraub

Cheapest I've seen is the Firefly Pegasus- I think the most expensive model is around $240. I have no experience with the guitar, but I do have a Firefly that's pretty good.

mrface2112

I recently picked up a used (but still brand new) Eastwood TA-PH over the weekend off Craigslist for $1100 used (but in brand new condition) and it's a *fantastic* guitar.

Couple differences from a "real" Languedoc (including being about $16,500 less), but damned if it doesn't cop all the tones you would hope it would and more. I didn't expect a whole lot, and it's really, really excellent. Fantastic build quality, solid electronics, etc., etc., etc.

Very happy with my purchase.

Attachments

• taph.jpg
    taph.jpg
    313.6 KB · Views: 15

Trending Topics

Top Bottom