Budget recommendation needed: what would go well with a Jet City 70W Eminence in 2x12?

GilmourD

I've got a Jet City JCA24S, which I understand @Hefalump is a fan of (no, not selling).

The stock drivers are the older 70W JC-branded Eminence. They sound fine if neutral. I was thinking that swapping one of them out with something else would spice things up a bit.

My tones tend to be more classic rock based but sometimes I venture into the chugga chuggas. I've got my CEO Bugera 1960 Infinium like @Blix as well as a Blackfaced '69 Bassman and a Jet City PicoValve. The G12T-75 is basically the opposite of what I'd like.

I'd like to keep the wattage above 100 for the cab in total, so at least a 50 watter would be nice.

WGS and Eminence have speakers in the price range I'm looking at, but I'd like to see what you guys suggest.

I don't want to replace both speakers right now (unless you're paying!), so definitely looking for something that would compliment the stock speakers.

Hefalump

Jet city has NEW speakers based on v30s made by Eminence.....$45 each at their site.

Last edited:

GilmourD

Jet city has NEW speakers based on v30s made by Eminence.....$45 each at their site.
What are the 70 watters based on? I heard that they're a flatter-sounding Legend, but I haven't seen anything straight up saying so. Just lots of supposition.

Also (I should've said this in the OP) the V30 sound has come to bore me. Maybe something that would give me an overall more vintage tone with modern capabilities mixed with the JC Eminence.

Maybe a WGS Invader 50? Or an ET65? Or maybe an Eminence Private Jack?

Hefalump

The jc speakers you have are based off the eminence legends....soldano tweaked them...they kill some fizz and are flat sounding to me.

GilmourD

Any other recommendations. The base tone with the stock speakers is alright but I think I need a bit more sizzle in the top end a bit more cut.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom