Budget univibe...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by what?, Oct 11, 2005.

1. what?

what? Member

Which one would you guys pick out of the bunch?

Voodoo Lab micro vibe
    Dunlop univibe
    Dunlop stereo univibe (small ones)
    Dunlop rotovibe

any other suggestions?

2. Bob Sweet

Bob Sweet Member

3. Shakermaker

Shakermaker Member

Bob's Mojo Vibe is fantastic... I first had a Mini Deja, then got the Mojo and never looked back.

The Mojo's pretty popular round here so I'm sure someone else is gonna chime in here.

The KR seems popular although I've not tried one, so that's probably worth checking out too.

Good luck,

Mike.

4. GCDEF

GCDEF Supporting Member

The Dunlop stereo unit is pretty decent for the money.

5. what?

what? Member

What does the single control does?I was looking at your mojovibe, but the price turned me down :( I dont really have that kind of money to spend on pedals :D no offense hehehe...I looked at the video in musictoyz.com and its really is amazing!does the mofaux sounds similar to the mojovibe but with less versatility?

Thanks!

6. what?

what? Member

yes, actually, my first choice would be the dunlop stereo chorus, since its got stereo outputs and 3 controls, not to mention the size of the pedal.

7. Bob Sweet

Bob Sweet Member

Trust me, I know where you're coming from! Half the time I can't afford to have one on my board and I make the darned things :)
    I'm not going to ******** you, it's not as good as the Mojo. BUT for the cost and size it does get very close. But with only a speed knob for control. There is a trimmer inside that can adjust the center of the sweep but it's pretty touchy to get right.

8. what?

what? Member

sounds interesting Bob...thanks for the advice..got no speakers at the moment, i'm at uni...I'll check out the sound clips as soon as I got home...

9. El Jimbo

El Jimbo Member

Before I knew anything about vibe pedals, I thought they were pretty bloody expensive too, but when you have a look at the board in the Mojo, it's got some serious componentry on it. Almost a shame Bob doesn't show a gut shot (disemboweled of course) of it compared to say, a $300 OD.:p :D

10. Bob Sweet

Bob Sweet Member

I'm not going to argue that at all!!!
    Now I know $300.00 for ANY pedal is expensive. But I've always wondered why so many people complain about the Vibe prices and say nothing of a OD that has 1/4 - 1/3 the parts (if that!).
    About 10 years ago Fuller was getting $600.00 + for his vibes. Then Me and Jack from PE, came out with ours and dropped the price to a little over $300.00 and before that your only choice was $1200.00 for an original (and all the flaws).
    The Mojo actually has about 20 MORE parts than the original Uni-Vibe but is maybe 1/4 the overall size. And that's still using the original circuitry. Only changes I've made have been the switchable buffer, the standardized power supply and the ability to use more common expression pedals as a foot controller.
    Not to mention that there are 6 components that are custom made, you can't get them "off the shelf".

Oh well you can't please everyone :)

BTW...EL Jimbo...Are you near Sydney? That's where the Atlantics are from, kick ass instro band. But off course you already know that. It just took me 40 years to discover them!!!

11. what?

what? Member

Hey El Jimbo, just realize you're from OZ too...hehehe...

12. Jumblefingers

Jumblefingers Supporting Member

+1 for the MoFaux Vibe. Small, simple and great sounding. No it is not a versatile as the standard (3) knob larger units but it gets the job done REALLY well and sounds great - true bypass etc. :AOK

13. Marcello

Marcello Member

budget ?

how about a danelectro chicken salad, works great.

14. mustangman

mustangman Member

i was looking at the lovepedal magic vibe (i think its called) and that thing seems pretty awesome... im going to look in to it further. has anyone ever tried one?

15. Legend

Legend Member

The Lovepedal vibe is amazing, and would deffinately be your best bet on a budget. Hands down.

16. muddy

muddy Member

i've never played through sean's magic vibe, but knowing his work, i'm sure it kicks ass. bob's mofaux i HAVE played, and lemme tell you, it is SCARY how close it is!!! it'd use it for my main vibe in a HEARTBEAT!!! and it LOVES fuzzes & od's, BIGtime!

ml

17. CharlieNC

CharlieNC Member

check out MG Pedals at pedalgeek. the MonoVibe sounds fabulous and is not to pricey.

18. 20forSeven

20forSeven Member

I really wanted to get the Lovepedal vibe but I really need it to be able to be used with a power supply. I can't use batteries any more.(I won't go back). I would also like an led. After hearing those clips of the Mofaux vibe I believe I will be getting one soon. Why would anyone need a vibe to sound better than that, it sounded incredible. I wrote a song in my head just listening to it.

19. monkmiles

monkmiles Supporting Member

I have and like the Rotovibe.

20. nlopez

nlopez Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

Has anyone compared the MoFaux Vibe and the Magic Vibe to the Micro VIbe?
    Thanks
    Nick