Buffer/Clean Boost Pedals - /13 Lift or Super Chili Picoso?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Josh O, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Josh O

Josh O Member

Which would be the better choice? I was thinking MDEQ but there is a 4-5 week lead time. It looks like on Catalinbread's site, the Super Chili can be set up for either buffer or clean boost but not both, looks like the Lift is both but I can't tell from /13's site. Anyone? Is the Lift really optimized to only work with /13 amps? I care more for a little clean sound fattening and maybe a high quality buffer (I have a mix of TB pedals and three Boss pedals and probably about 40 feet of cable) then I do to head into OD territory with it.

2. catalinbread

catalinbread Member

You can do both buffering AND clean boost with the Chili Picoso. :AOK

3. Josh O

Josh O Member

SWEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dude

4. catalinbread

catalinbread Member

Email me if you have any other questions. Of course if you wanna compare and contrast with another pedal make give one of my dealers a call. They will get you the right gear for your needs, even when that means something other than Catalinbread. :messedup

5. sandman

sandman Member

I don't have much experience with others but after six months I'm still in love with Chili. Any rig can benefit from a clean boost and SCP is a cool option. A big plus is you can bridge channels on Fender reverb amps.

6. catalinbread

catalinbread Member

Thanks for this! I am glad I am finding folks bridging their Fenders with the SCP.

7. sandman

sandman Member

Yup! Normal channel on my Twin is modded and it sounds great bridged with the brighter stock one, and then there's that Chili sparkle od course

The manual says you have to keep the SCP knob all the way down when using it this way.Am I hurting something if I turn it up to, say, 12 o'clock? Tried that once and kinda liked the sound.

8. Digitalman

Digitalman Member

Glad to hear this...a Super Chili Picoso is to be my next pedal. I like the buffer/booster idea.

9. pacomc79

pacomc79 Member

MI Audio has a new one that does all those things too while you're shopping.

http://www.miaudio.com/

Barber makes one called the Launch Pad that also allows bridging on fenders.

Great to know you can do that with an SCP. I really want to try one of those out.

10. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

I can vouch for the SCP. Can be used as a buffer or a clean boost, but if you want a buffer, you can just stick it in clean boost mode and leave it on (set the knob to taste). It'll add sparkle and magic mojo that is absent in a typical buffer

11. Josh O

Josh O Member

Boy oh boy the Super Chili is sounding better and better!