Buffer Pedals That Are Currently Available...

Sir Duke

What buffer pedals are being manufactured today? Many of the pedals mentioned here I can't find and are out of production.

Cheers.
btw, cheaper = better.

Yek

Axess BS2, terrific!
Lehle, also nice.

And then there are lots of pedals with added buffer functionality. Such as Fulltone's Choralflange, Xotic RC Booster et cetera.

Frenster

Put your Rock Face on!
Wobo buffer/booster. Added a bit too much highs for my rig, but it works well.

poolshark

Silver Supporting Member
+1 on the MI Audio Boost n' Buff....

+2 for the Boost n' Buff.

Oddly enough, I think the Dunlop Crybaby from Hell provides a pretty excellent buffer as well. I t/b looped mine a few weeks ago to check out the bypass, and the bypassed CFH kept my signal distinctly sparklier. Strange, yes, but I won't question it.

Five Horizons

Silver Supporting Member
One of the best solid state buffers I've used was the Doobtone MB-2 Micro Buffer (not to mention, Steve is a great guy and can build you one for a ridiculously low amount of money).

Another solid state buffer I thought was great with the Radial PB-1 Big Shot - its buffer is adjustable.

My favorite buffer thus far has been the VHT Valvulator (with a NOS Telefunken). It costs a small fortune for a buffer, but its been the most balanced, most natural sounding buffer I've ever used and I don't ever forsee it getting sold (maybe if someone releases a tube buffer that's a lot more compact and can keep that balance with a tube that'll last much, much longer).

Stratman76

Gold Supporting Member
I know in the classic context, buffers will take a high impedance signal and process/convert it to a low impedance signal.

Apparently buffers, in some capacity, exist in pedals we don't expect to see them in (like a Boss TU-2 tuner!). What I'm wondering... On a signal processing/conversion level what change to the signal occurs when passing through a typical Boss pedal integrated buffer vs. a buffer pedal that has been marketed as a buffer (ie Doobtone, Catalinbread Super Chili Picoso, Barber Launch Pad)?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom