buffered effect loop kit for marshall plexi?

pgissi

I saw one on ebay recently, think it was a lee jackson kit, just a day or 2 ago. Came up with a Marshall Amplifier search I think

pgissi

it may have been voodoo that I saw on ebay, not sure but hey metro makes so there you go

Deaj

I can vouch for the Iron Sounds loop kit. I just installed one in my brothers '74 JMP-50. It's quite transparent! Neither of us could tell the difference in tone and responsiveness between the loop bypassed (true bypass) and in the circuit with a short effects patch cable installed between send and return jacks. The pad comes in handy to optimize the loop to work with line or instrument level effects. We tested the amp with an outboard studio effects processor, a line level guitar processor, and a pedal effect, all with excellent results. He's currently using an Alesia Quadraverb GT in the loop (loves the modulation effects in that box) and loves what he's getting out of it.

The Metro kit looks like a great option as well though I have no personal experience with it.

hank57

Platinum Supporting Member
Iron Sounds +1, used it on a Brown Note ODS and it works great.

Leftyman

I recently purchased as Metroamp and I have heard they have a really good effects loop. They claim it doesn't change your tone at all. I wish I would have purchased it with my amp, but if I remember correctly it is not cheap.

dumbell78

I thought they were just under $100??
I recently purchased as Metroamp and I have heard they have a really good effects loop. They claim it doesn't change your tone at all. I wish I would have purchased it with my amp, but if I remember correctly it is not cheap.

zzmoore

Iron Sounds.... are these the guys from the 18 Watt forum ?
They have kind of found a niche with their innovative PCB stuff, or so it seems to me. Did not realize they made an effects loop.

Leftyman

I thought it was more than that for some reason. That does sound like a good price considering the zero loss is suppose to be good.

Roe

the metro kit is the best kit but I wouldn't be surprised if the larry tube loop was even better (however, it is not available as a kit. only the schematic - not the layout - is available to metro forum members)

Trending Topics