• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Buffers- TU3 / T1M Effects / Pedal Chain

Smoss89

Hey guys.

I currently have a Boss TU3 at the beginning of my pedal chain (approx 8 pedals). Using this boss tuner at the beginning of my chain also lets me fully utilize the built in buffer.

I have done a little looking around and stumbled upon T1M Effects and his homemade buffers.
I am really interested in getting one of these buffers (w/volume knob) but it seems id be useless while having the Tu3 in front.

Would any of you guys recommend me running the TU3 through the fx/tuner loop in the back of my amp? This would obviously negate the buffer? and running the new t1m buffer in front of my chain?

How about something like the MXR MC401 Boost / line driver. Would this be acceptable with the boss tuner? or would it benefit to run the tuner in the fx due to the buffer?

Andrew

Smoss89

Also would a Super Chili Picoso be a good investment for a boost? Or would it be useless do to the built in buffer and buffer with TU3.

Angle Loss

To really answer your question, we would need you to post your rig. With a TU3 you are already buffered at the beginning of your chain. Whether you would benefit from a second one later in your board depends on your pedal layout.

Smoss89

Martin d28 w/ LR baggs m80 pickup
15ft Lava blue demon cable

These pedals (need help with order):

Boss TU3
Wampler Compressor
TC Hall of Fame Reverb
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss RC-20XL Loop Pedal
TC Nova Delay
Analogman Chorus

Then into a 6ft lava blue demon cable
Into a Pre-fender California Blonde.

Angle Loss

I'd personally run the Loop pedal last, and you won't need anymore buffers. I'd suggest this order:

Boss TU3
Wampler Compressor
Analogman Chorus
BBE Sonic Maximizer
TC Nova Delay
TC Reverb
Boss RC-20

You have plenty for a great sounding acoustic rig :) There is no need to run the fx loop on your amp as you aren't using any overdrive channel. Everything together out front works great.

Snare227

I'm with Angle Loss on the order. I'd have the TU-3 be the first thing your guitar signal sees that way your signal gets bumped down to low impedance. Then compression, chorus, delay, reverb and then the loop pedal. It looks like you have a nice set up there, I'd try leaving out the Sonic Maximizer and see what you think. That's the only thing that sticks out to me. I think you'll be fine with the buffer in the TU3.. Boss buffers are pretty decent. If you do decide to run some pedals in your loop, you might try putting one in the first position.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom