buffers

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by dingdongbell070, Jan 14, 2006.

1. dingdongbell070

dingdongbell070 Member

anyone know some high quality buffers that dont color the sound?? I need one because most of my pedals are true-bypass

2. Macaroni

Macaroni Member

All buffers color the sound somewhat, but not necessarily in a bad/undesirable way.. That being said, the Axess BS2 & the VHT Valvulator 1 are both excellent. The V1 uses a 12AX7 and changing the tube makes a big difference - I'm using a NOS Telefunken - Wow! I sold my BS2 to get the V1.

3. msp

msp Member

tech 21 sans amp stuff has great sounding buffers......at least my para driver di does (and its a great eq/boost pedal too ....tho i'm not sold on it as an overdrive pedal)

the klon buffers your signal when off

pete cornish makes a bad ass boost/buffer pedal

i hear great things about the morning dew buffer/eq booster pedal too (i would consider this one but i allready have my needs met)

another good option (if you use a volume pedal) would be to upgrade to a goodrich (active) or hilton volume ped...............yes they are a little spendy but they don't use a pot (infra red) so as the volume is lowered you don't have the high end tone rolloff effect like with a ernie ball (or lesser quality) they also serve as a constant buffer to your signal

4. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

IMO, the best buffered boost I've found is the BB Card for the FoxRox ZIM. You could put it in channel B and get more versatility, though I kept it in CH A. PLUS you get the other channel which can be almost any OD you can imagine.

5. jonny guitar

jonny guitar Member

I think I am gonna get a BB card to run with my CS card....I really love the CS when used with my Katana. Ithink, with the addition of the BB, l the knob out on the Katana and use it as dirt instead of the H9 card. Same pedals but different useage.

6. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

+1 on the axess bs-2!

Though if you get something like a sniper-modded GE-7 (everyone, especially those that consider themselve pedal junkies, should use an EQ pedal), that'll solve your buffering and tone-shaping needs in one package!

7. rh

rh Robo Sapien Noise Maker Gold Supporting Member

8. hemlock

hemlock Guest

The Antelope Effects Morning Dew EQ has a built in buffer that is almost unnoticable. The EQ is also very musical. Very cool pedal.

9. GtrWiz

GtrWiz Member

+1 on the V1.... and now I'm gonna have to try a Telefunkin...