Bugera BC30 vs V22

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by sgguitarzz, Oct 1, 2011.

1. sgguitarzz

sgguitarzz Supporting Member

I have been reading some good things about these amps lately and just love the look. How does the BC30 compare vs the V22. Is it worth almost double the price.? I the V22 loud enough for gigging? The plus the V22 would have for me other than cheaper is the built in reverb and light. How are the cleans? Are they more Voxy or Fendery?

2. frank62

frank62 Member

I have A V22. The reverb is very nice and the cleans are a Fender flavor. I play in a loud blues rock band and it hangs just fine. I plan on keeping this amp.

3. sgguitarzz

I read that early on there were some issues regarding a heat sink that messed with the reverb but it seems that has since been corrected.

4. frank62

frank62 Member

I have used mine hours a day for several months and no trouble at all. It is a great little amp. Got it used for 250 and spent 50 for a tubeset from Eurotubes.

5. sgguitarzz

Did the tube change make any difference? Did you have to rebias?

6. sgguitarzz

Any other comments?

7. pincookie1

pincookie1 Member

I have a v22 with swapped pre amp tubes. The jj's made a huge difference. Notably smoother sound on the gain side. More articulate. Havent changed the power amp tubes or re-biased. Sounded great the way it was, didnt mess with anything.