So I started planning this about a month ago, and it's finally ready. First, we build a cabinet out of solid poplar (tongue-in-groove construction) and painted it with two coats of rustoleum candy apple red and two coats of clear: The dimensions are the same as a hod rod deluxe, except that we left an extra 1/8 inch to make the amp itself fit a little less tightly (I'll show you what we did with the extra space in a minute). I believe the slant is 14o, which very slightly tilts the speaker away from the floor. We made a baffle out of 1/2" plywood, so it's just a tiny bit thinner than stock. Then we stained it mohogany and drilled the hole (you just use a dremmel to cut a few big holes and then a handheld jigsaw to cut out the rest. We covered the baffle in black spandex grill cloth. Not very traditional, but the stuff is durable, springy, and cheap. It takes a bit more work to get it tight, but it's not too difficult to work with. Then the baffle is screwed to the two stops you can see in the first picture. Then we made four small stops to go on the inside behind the baffle to hold it in place extra tight. (not visible). We put corner protectors on. They look pretty darned sharp! A hot rod deluxe has a protector on the back. You take it off to reveal the guts. We painted both sides, did the outside with a couple clear coats like the rest of the cab, and then shielded the back of it like crazy with copper foil. Then, the speaker gets screwed in, and the amp gets dropped in. If you've ever taken a HRD apart, you know that two things can be very frustrating: The amp keeps falling against the speaker and sticking thanks to the giant magnet, and shielding gets ripped off because the fit is so tight. We put two stops at the proper depth to rest the amp on while working and filled that extra 1/8" with cardboard covered in copper foil. To get the location of the screw holes, we just set the amp in there and used a pencil to draw the screw holes from the inside. We had to make a couple minor corrections later, but overall we were never off by more than 1/32" at most. The amp slides out easily, and you can tighten the screws at your leisure. The cardboard also absorbs some vibration from the cabinet. Who knows if it helps keep the amp healthy, but it can't hurt. The handle is a heavy duty toolbox handle. Here's the cabinet from the back, just assembled in the shop: We added one final detail. I lean my guitar against my amp all the time. To avoid messing up the paint, we added a clear plastic protector to the front: And here it is from the front at my house: The amp is about 8 pounds lighter than it was, and I'm really pleased with how it looks. All my stuff for the band is red (my guitar, my pedal board, my shirt). And it could be my imagination, but the amp sounded a little less dark now for the short time I got to play it today. The extra (and better) shielding certainly made the amp quieter, and there used to be a slight buzz in the original cabinet (in the cab itself) that's gone now. I couldn't be happier with this build.