building a 2*12 cab

tristan

Hey all

im interested in building a 2*12 cab to go with my DSL 201, or any other amp/head i get in the future. im 18 and bin playing geetar for a few years, but i havnt played many amps/cabs coz of where i live (in outback australia). so im just wondering peoples opinions on building cabs.

also the 201 only has one 16 ohms output, so i can either have the one speaker in the combo on, or disconect it to have another cab. will this improve my tone and volume?

i was thinking on puting 2 greenbacks or v30's into it?

anywah any help would be appreciated,ie. specs,websites,dimensions,tips.

thankx

Mark C

A lot of people like mixing two speakers, like a Vintage 30 with a G12H-30. I have this combo in a Dr. Z cab and it sounds amazing.

tristan

thankx marky

does anybody know how to wire the speakers together if i wanna plug it into a 16 OHM plug? do i buy 2 8 OHM speakers?

any help would be really appreciated! does anyone know a web site about building cabs?

tristan

thanks mark

ill take a look

but im still in need on cab sizes and specs, like what is an optimum size for 2*12?

dbeeman

Platinum Supporting Member
Depends on the sound you want.

Fender made bassman cabs at one time tha were just about big enough for the 2 * 12s inside. Very punchy

If you want more of a 4*12 sound build one about 29 *21 * 11

if you want a vox type open back, more like 27 * 19 *11

use 1/2": birch play for the front and back

3/4 " for the sides

I have built them, but for the price it is hard to compete with Avatar or Jenkins if your time is worth anything - butshipping to Aus may be a problem. Must be a good cab maker there

Trending Topics