Building a 3 humbucker guitar need graduated height angled pickup rings

AR-305

Another Jerry guitar in the making and need pickup rings that will hold the humbuckers parallel to the strings and be graduated in height from the tallest bridge to the lowest neck. Can't seem to find anything but generic stuff, non of which meets the requirments. Really need a pro source of quality guitar parts and such. What say ye?

sleep

Silver Supporting Member
Assuming it's a flat top guitar, tall pickup rings and sandpaper. You could also have them 3D printed. If by 'jerry' guitar you mean GD style have someone machine them out of brass... there always seems to be a copious amount of brass on those.

AR-305

Yes a flat top, wide cut strat style warmouth body but with thru body strings and tunomatic style bridge. I'll research this 3D printing idea.
Thanks,

danelectro

Silver Supporting Member
You need one short ring (1/4") and two tall rings (1/2"). Sand one of the tall rings down to 3/8". The sources for tall rings are slim. Gibson Historic rings look nice but they don't sell them separately. Throbak makes vintage replica rings but they're quite expensive. The cheap route is to buy Dimarzio rings for $3/ea from Musician's Friend. They don't look as nice as Gibson or Throback rings, but hey, they're only 9 bucks a set. o_O

gmann

www.re-wind.net sells the set you are lookin' for. Not cheap ($75.00) but it's a quality product. I have a 3 pup Custom and never liked the rings. I got two tall ones and one short one and sanded one of the tall ones to where it's in between. Worked out great.

Trending Topics