Building a cab. Help required...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Cheebatone, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Cheebatone

Cheebatone Member

I'm looking to build my first cab. I'd like it to look like a Siegmund Midnight Blues...

[​IMG]

...but I'm not having any luck finding any online resource schematics. Not of this exact amp, you understand (I wouldn't want to rip anyone off!), but of a close approximation.

Anyone got any leads or pointers?

Cheers!

Charly

2. bosstone

bosstone Member

Not to be a wise guy at all but I think if you can build it you could also design it.

3. candh

candh Member

I saw one of these in a local music shop a while back. Interesting design concept and I think it's just unique enough that you will be on your own to sus out the plans. IF you do decide to build please post progress reports.

4. SatelliteAmps

SatelliteAmps Member

Agreed. That is not a difficult cabinet, unless you aren't familiar with building cabinets. You might want to either get some help, or start with an easier cabinet. You probably won't find schematics or plans on building that cabinet online.

5. Crazy Carl

Crazy Carl Member

That looks like basically an older style Marshall head box, combinded with a speaker cab. No rocket science involved.

There are plenty of schemos/drawings/layouts/plans of Marshall cabs, floating around on the net.

Find a plan/drawing of a Marshall head (or just go measure one & draw it yourself. Figure out the dims of the cab you want & just incorporate the speaker cab into the head plan.

Make sure you're able to do good finger joints or dovetails, for strength/longevity purposes. That rig's gonna weigh a ton & I wouldn't trust it's structural integrity to anything less than finger or dovetail joints.