Building a new rig. Rack or board?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by stompboy, Jan 27, 2012.

1. stompboy

stompboy Member

So I have just been told I am in a new band as of March which was nice. It's a covers band so need to be fairly versatile. I started to build the rig but I've been offered a live in head case with 6u rack at silly money.
    So now I have a dilema. The rig is built around a Budda SD V20 (with an SD18 for backup). I have a stack of pedals at my disposal and was planning on the following line up for a board based system.
    Guitar - EP Booster - Rothwell Love Squeeze - 808 - RC Booster - AC Booster - BB Preamp - Amp. Also incorprated into this will be a Lehle 1@3 to switch between amp and acoustic DI.
    FX Loop - VP Jnr - M9 (or TC SCF - Demeter Trem - DMM) either way with a tb looper.
    Since looking the rack route I can potentially go for an RJM FX Gizmo controlled by a Ground Control running all above pedals but using something like a G Major for delays etc and also squeeze a few more dirt options in the front end.
    Any suggestions?

2. JackStraw12

JackStraw12 Supporting Member

That setup looks pretty good to me!

3. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

:agree

4. stompboy

stompboy Member

Yeah but which route to go? Pedals in the rack or keep em on the board?

5. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

You have a 6U rack, I would stick them in the rack since you have the space and minimize you board size for portability.