Building a partsocaster as a back-up !!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Piga, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Piga

Piga Member

just decided to buy some parts to begin the construction of a partsocaster as a back-up for my regular strat. Show me the proud result of your work so that I get ideas !!

2. klatuu

klatuu Member

3. Kingbeegtrs

Kingbeegtrs Senior Member

I think that you'll be surprised at your partscaster's quality. You'll probably be using your Fender as a backup when it is all said and done. May I suggest the Lollar Tweed pickups?

4. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

I have others but they're Tele's.

[​IMG]

5. Piga

Piga Member

Thanks for the images Klatuu.

Do I understand that the three guitars you show are partsocasters ! Your CAR one is similar to the one I am in the process of assembling. Just bought a Dakota red relic body. I opted for a hard tail at this point for vairous reasons: I guess it will be easier to assemble and adjust at the final stage. In addition, since it will be a backup, I will have more flexibility since one of my stage guitars is tuned a half step down which disqualifies it for backup purposes.

I am also in the process of refinishing the headstock of a beautiful piece of birdseye maple before applying the decals. Callaham bridge, keys and other parts are on the way and I already had a set of Mike Turks single coils (a guy from the Toronto area) in my drawers waiting to be installed. In the end, it may sound pretty good.

6. Piga

Piga Member

Here are images of the naked hardtail Dakota red body that will be the basis of the guitar. Photo's of the refinished neck to come later.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]