• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

building footswitch for non-footswitchable effects, HELP!

eurotrashed

I might be picking up some effects that aren't foot switchable. But I figure I could just build a footswitch that could bypass the footswitch.

So what kind of switch would I need? 3PDT? And then just have four jacks and in one position it would bypass and then one it would send to the effect. Am I thinking of this right?

stevel

I might be picking up some effects that aren't foot switchable. But I figure I could just build a footswitch that could bypass the footswitch.

So what kind of switch would I need? 3PDT? And then just have four jacks and in one position it would bypass and then one it would send to the effect. Am I thinking of this right?
Would you want to use a loop (looper) pedal? You plug the effect in the loop and leave it on, but it only comes "on line" when you activate the loop via it's own footswitch.

They make loopers with 3 or 4 loops, so you could actually control multiple non-switchable effects from one "box".

This might be preferable to having a separate switch for each one (either on the unit, which you'd have to mod, or as a separate "box") unless you're wanting to do the DIY thing.

Best,
Steve

eurotrashed

So I just need to make a loop for one pedal. Is it possible to make a buffered loop? Or should I make a buffer and a loop?