Building Modeling Pedals

I understand how to build analog pedals... but does anyone know where I would start if I were to want to experiment in building "modeling" pedals?

I cant seem to find any documentation or information on this type of project anywhere.

scottywompas

Modeling pedals are digital. You probably have to know some coding and computer language at least. I don't think it's very DIY friendly.

Here's my new vox modeling pedal schematic.

10010011001010000101010100101010010101010000101011110101001100100101010010101001010........

You get the point.:dude

Im more into analog pedals. But for the spirit of learning & stretching into new territories I wanted to explore modeling possibilities.

Actually I come from an I.T. background.

Thanks a lot for the Line-6 info!

tone4days

ok, from the hardware side, you'de need to get into both analog and digital hardware ... the hardware side would be power supplies, prefiltering, A-D conversion, shift registers, memory, clocking/timing, microcontroller/micropprocessor, user interface input/output, D-A conversion, post filtering, and probably more ... on the software side, you'll need algorithm development, digital signal processing (math and coding to implement the algorithm), digital control, memory management, user interface, and probably more ...

good luck - have fun
t4d

Jason Lynn

Im more into analog pedals. But for the spirit of learning & stretching into new territories I wanted to explore modeling possibilities.

Actually I come from an I.T. background.

Thanks a lot for the Line-6 info!

No problem. I take it you know some programming? You'd be all set with that dev kit.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom