• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Built a 212

LPV

Wanted a 212 for an EVH style rig I’m going to be using if and when the band starts playing live again :dunno:
It will have the 2 weber 1225Cs. My Traynor is basically a 50w plexi. I copied the filtering and fizz cap values from what’s out there about 12301. The amp goes into my reactive load then through an eq then my eventide h9. The cab gets powered by a mosvalve so no danger of blowing the speakers. Not crazy about my tolexing job. I’ve done better corners in the past. Must be slipping. A62B725D-9C72-4876-9610-0971CD8D4236.jpeg

plan-x

Wanted a 212 for an EVH style rig I’m going to be using if and when the band starts playing live again :dunno:
It will have the 2 weber 1225Cs. My Traynor is basically a 50w plexi. I copied the filtering and fizz cap values from what’s out there about 12301. The amp goes into my reactive load then through an eq then my eventide h9. The cab gets powered by a mosvalve so no danger of blowing the speakers. Not crazy about my tolexing job. I’ve done better corners in the past. Must be slipping. View attachment 321098
Nice vertical! Closed back? Looks like she'll thump.

LPV

Looks good to me. Are the speakers installed yet? If so, how does it sound?
Sounds really great. In case anyone is wondering It’s wired to 4ohm because the mosvalve sounds great at 4 ohm. I’m going to install a 4/16 switch so I can use it directly with amp. Oh and I know it’s wired out of phase in the pic. I took the pic and looked at it and went oops and fixed it.
F89F2251-5DF8-4820-98A4-59B0A8D776FF.jpeg

Last edited:

plan-x

Sounds really great. In case anyone is wondering It’s wired to 4ohm because the mosvalve sounds great at 4 ohm. I’m going to install a 4/16 switch so I can use it directly with amp. Oh and I know it’s wired out of phase in the pic. I took the pic and looked at it and went oops and fixed it.
View attachment 321696
I think I had that head back in the day. Try that cab with one speaker out (detuned). It'll surprised you. I built a diagonal 2x12 with similar dimensions. I prefer it detuned. Is that Birch? Looks great.

LPV

I think I had that head back in the day. Try that cab with one speaker out (detuned). It'll surprised you. I built a diagonal 2x12 with similar dimensions. I prefer it detuned. Is that Birch? Looks great.
5/8” Baltic Birch ply except back which is 1/2”, box jointed.

Trending Topics