Bullet Slug kit doesn't fit...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by IronChefChris, Feb 10, 2012.

1. IronChefChris

IronChefChris Member

I use the Bullet Cables Slug Connector pedalboard kit and I love em. Awesome. My Bad Horsie Wah died on me the other day and I have a show tonight so I'm using my backup wah, Dunlop Crybaby Original (I hate it) and I just put it in and the connections don't fit! Crazy right? Anyone else have this issue or know of any other pedals that have dumb super recessed inputs/outputs?

2. wundergussy

wundergussy Member

Yeah, usually the issue is with power connections, but seems like wah builders especially don't take cable sizes into account.

3. turtleheadblues

turtleheadblues Senior Member

Is the plug popping out or is it the housing getting in the way that wont allow it to go all the way in?

4. IronChefChris

IronChefChris Member

housing, but it looks like my connectors are a bit short compared to some old cheap pedal cables i have...which is strange

5. Sonic Bullets

Sonic Bullets Member

I think wundergussy has a pretty good answer, but it is more the body shape of the pedal.

[​IMG]

Actually, here at the studio we own (2) Dunlop Crybaby Wahs (original and Jimi Hendrix model). A while back we made the video, "Pedal Board Wiring How To: Top to Side Jacks with SLUG" and use the wah pedal. Queue up to :19 seconds and you will see the way that we put the connector in the jack.

As you know, the body of the pedal angles slightly. Another answer is to use a straight slug if the angle doesn't work for you.

The SLUGs and cable are extremely flexible. We have done a lot of videos showing how tight you can get our connectors by easy wiring techniques.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to pm us.