Bummer! Online PRSi McCarty order was wrong...

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Soothsayer, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Soothsayer

Soothsayer (Paul) Supporting Member

I ordered a PRS McCarty online and when it arrived I was really excited .........until I opened the case saw that it was not the right finish. The guitar is advertised online as sunburst and when you see the photo listed it is the standard McCarty Burst finish, the one that showed up was blackburst (bright yellow with black sprayed around the outside). Man, I was so looking forward to having a McCarty. Its going back. I played it breifly and like every PRSi I have ever touched it played beautifully, I just cant get over the color. Totally bummed. I had a 2002 McCarty that I sold when I wanted to be SRV, I have regretted it ever since. Now I am on the hunt again........

2. jlagrassa

jlagrassa Supporting Member

What a bummer that must have been, are you getting a replacement?

I still have my McCarty with the Dark Cherry burst finish I bought back in 2000, great sounding guitar!

3. AnthonyL

AnthonyL Silver Supporting Member

Just got my second McCarty yesterday... trem model in Mccarty burst and it smokes! Not sure where you got it, but I'd check out the following dealers, they will do you right!

Martin Music Guitar
    Willcutt Guitars
    WMC -Chuck Levins
    Magdon Music
    Eddies Guitars

4. Lawn Jockey

Lawn Jockey Member

I second AnthonyL's dealer suggestions. Brian Meader at WMC is my PRSi pusher..and a good one at that.

I sort of like the errant burst you received.

I had a similar situation with my McCarty. Opened it up...looked perfect...picked it up..played it...it immediately felt different from other McCartys I had played...then glanced at the hang tag.......

[​IMG]

yep...Wide Thin.

I almost sent it back...then thought about it...contacted Shawn at PRS..confirmed it...not too many W/T McCartys out there. It even has a thinner headstock.

Needless to say..it ain't leaving.

I just ordered a McCarty Soapbar yesterday..same pusher.

I hope you get the McCarty of your dreams.

5. paintguy

paintguy Long Hair Hippy Freak Silver Supporting Member

Bummer!

Best of luck on getting a replacement. I hope it plays as nice as the one going back.

6. jrw32

jrw32 Member

Dude you are lucky, Wide-thins Mc's are practically non-existent! Mine is only wide-thin b/c I shaved the neck down! :eek:

7. bynt

bynt Member

Man what a drag. Can they just send you the right one? That sucks.

8. Soothsayer

Soothsayer (Paul) Supporting Member

I dont think they even know what they have. I am bummed but have been looking into a few used and new instruments at some of the dealers kindly listed above.