Bunya as an electric guitar body-tone style

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by cheameup, Feb 9, 2012.

1. cheameup

cheameup Member

heya

I have an aussie made cole clark tele.real nice guitar . its listed as bunya body, blackwood neck,rosewood fret board .

Its neck SC bridge HB set up and i am going to swap it over to double bucker . I'm just not a single guy .

I play heavy music and am really impressed with the bareknuckle nailbomb set in my maton so am going to go a different set for the tele. trying to decide which set . leaning towards miracle man

Problem Bunya seems an unkown factor as an electric tone wood. Anyone know what other wood it would compare to tone wise ?

2. kugelblitz

kugelblitz Member

No Idea about electric, but I have a Cole Clark Acoustic with a bunya top. From what I understand, it's used because of its similarity to spruce, so the tonal characteristics are probably similar in an electric. For what it's worth I prefer bunya to spruce on CC guitars (just sounds warmer and fuller), but I don't know how that translates to Electrics.

3. cheameup

cheameup Member

yeah . googling seems to say that its most simliar to spruce . think I'm going to just have to roll the dice and give it a go as its a bit unkown