1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Bunya as an electric guitar body-tone style

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by cheameup, Feb 9, 2012.

1. cheameup

cheameup Member

heya

I have an aussie made cole clark tele.real nice guitar . its listed as bunya body, blackwood neck,rosewood fret board .

Its neck SC bridge HB set up and i am going to swap it over to double bucker . I'm just not a single guy .

I play heavy music and am really impressed with the bareknuckle nailbomb set in my maton so am going to go a different set for the tele. trying to decide which set . leaning towards miracle man

Problem Bunya seems an unkown factor as an electric tone wood. Anyone know what other wood it would compare to tone wise ?

2. kugelblitz

kugelblitz Member

No Idea about electric, but I have a Cole Clark Acoustic with a bunya top. From what I understand, it's used because of its similarity to spruce, so the tonal characteristics are probably similar in an electric. For what it's worth I prefer bunya to spruce on CC guitars (just sounds warmer and fuller), but I don't know how that translates to Electrics.

3. cheameup

cheameup Member

yeah . googling seems to say that its most simliar to spruce . think I'm going to just have to roll the dice and give it a go as its a bit unkown