Burn Unit or Tone Pump? (or Silver + Launch Pad)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by houvin, Feb 2, 2008.

1. houvin

houvin Member

I love the low OD sound I used to get from my Barber LTD Silver. I would like that, plus another OD for kickin it up a notch...but still not totally overdriven. I know there are tons of options, but I want to stick with Barber, so...

LTD Silver + Launch Pad, or
    Burn Unit EQ, or
    Tone Pump EQ?

Keep in mind that I will be using low to medium OD...not distortion or fuzz.

Thanks, boys.

2. jb70

jb70 Member

i think you would really love the tone pump eq if you're into low-med gain pedals. it's really like having 2 pedals in 1 so that would be my recommendation.

3. jpagey

jpagey Member

I have the TPEQ and BU EQ, both great, but it sounds like you want the TPEQ.

4. ROKY

ROKY Member

side question:
    Is the TPEQ like having two LTD's(black vers.) in one box or does the TP
    have a different tone as well as more gain, on tap ?

5. jpagey

jpagey Member

6. Mac-P

Mac-P Member

The Tone Pump EQ is what you want if you want the lower gain (I have both that & The Burn Unit EQ - both great). There is much more variable sweep from 0-100 with the TPEQ if ya know what I mean. You can REALLY fine tune the low gain. I also find it more open than the Burn Unit. But don't get me wrong, the BUEQ is a monster and absolutely capable of fantastic low gain sounds. It just happens to be the TPEQ's forte. And the TPEQ can absolutely go into all-out 70's style Marshall land - make no mistake.

And no, the LTD is a different pedal than the Tone Pump. Similar in intent, but differently voiced.

There is no "single channel" Tone Pump. But the regular two channel one is amazing. To my ears, the most well rounded OD pedal ever.