• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Burnt my finger, need to keep playing guitar

METAL

I burnt the tip of my index finger (a minor burn) started to get a blister shortly after. I stupidly picked off the blister. It hurts and the burn is near the tip of my right index finger which I need to play classical guitar.

I need a way to keep playing classical guitar with minimal discomfort. I can't take a break, I'm a student and have a playing exam in a few days..
I'd really appreciate serious replies.

Last edited:

ripgtr

You can try "New Skin", however I am not sure of its usefulness with burns.

After the first day of a week run in Nashville, since there was a kitchen in the hotel room, I decided to celibate by cooking a steak. I accidentally sliced the tip of my index finger. Yea, not good. I tried new skin. I was applying it all the time, on every break, during the day, trying to build up enough that it didn't freakin' hurt every note. Didn't work for crap. I should have used crazy glue, but this was back in the 90s, hadn't heard of that for fingers and didn't think of it. Skip new skin, not a go for me.

ChampReverb

Gold Supporting Member
After the first day of a week run in Nashville, since there was a kitchen in the hotel room, I decided to celibate by cooking a steak. I accidentally sliced the tip of my index finger. Yea, not good. I tried new skin. I was applying it all the time, on every break, during the day, trying to build up enough that it didn't freakin' hurt every note. Didn't work for crap. I should have used crazy glue, but this was back in the 90s, hadn't heard of that for fingers and didn't think of it. Skip new skin, not a go for me.

Wow, bummer.

And celibate too.

Double bummer.

-bEn r.

grantaustin

Silver Supporting Member
I would ask your teachers for advice too. They might have great suggestions, and they might give you a bit of a break so you can recover.

ripgtr

Wow, bummer.

And celibate too.

Double bummer.

-bEn r.

Lol. Yea, well I was married at the time (still am) so yea, that too. Heck, I sowed my wild oats when I was younger, and someone else's too, so, I was cool with it. :) Though being gone 7-8 weeks at at time ...

skydog

I wish I had advice for the OP. I burnt my index finger last week (luckily on the picking hand and on top). I boiled water for tea and didn't quite seat the top to the kettle fully. The steam was coming straight up out of the crack! Raised a blister quick, even though I immediately plunged it under cold water and then iced it. Hurt like hell. I just kept applying burn ointment and it never split open. I think that speeds healing.

Tony Done

I also thought of superglue, which was originally developed as a wound dressing, but do some google research on its usefulness for burns.

bob-i

I’d be hesitant to use superglue. It gives off a lot of heat as it cures so you might make the burn worse. The new skin idea would be my choice.

Good luck.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom