Burriss Boostiest!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mr.mattphisto, Mar 21, 2006.

1. mr.mattphisto

mr.mattphisto Member

So after about three months of playing and gigging with this pedal, I have decided to end my search for OD/boost pedals. The Burriss Boostiest is the perfect pedal for my playing style and taste.

The Boost side, adds a like sprakle and warmth to my cold, sterile Hot Rod Deville 2 X12. I was looking to retube my amp until I bought this pedal. When used with the OD side, I am able to get a thick lead tone.

The OD side of the pedal is a very smooth sounding TS-9. It is really gets gritty as the guitar's volume increases..like most good OD pedals should. I am sure that there are other TS-9 clones out there that are better, but this one is perfect for me.

The best part, the two side are two independant pedals. I didn't like my FD-2 for this reason. The Tim pedal did interest me, but then I read about the Boostiest and pulled the trigger.

Great pedal is anyone is looking for a great OD/Boost pedal.
    :BEER

2. porsch8

porsch8 Member

I have one too
    Agreed it is very nice for subtle boost and over drive sounds....

3. BBHollowbody

BBHollowbody Member

I've had one for about a year and a half (I got one of the first ones). I went from a pedal junkie to a die hard Boostiest user. Great pedal.

4. Thazy

Thazy Member

How does the Crunch Box and the Boostiest sound together? I have a Fish Factory and use it but, always looking for combo's of pedals.

5. Amplite

Amplite Member

The Burriss Boostiest is all you need!
    Great pedal!!:AOK

6. GreenTea

GreenTea Member

I can imagine that it's a great piece. I haven't tried it but I do have the scaled-down version: the boostier. This is a great boost--and for me, better than the Klon which I sold. The boostier is mated with a JCM 800 (or a Traynor YCV-40 or a Trademark 60 depending on the venue) and works great with my Teese picture wah, Blackstone, MI Audio Crunch Box, Landgraff, etc. Pretty simple and not too fancy looking, but the boostier (probably like its bigger brother) rawks.

7. spencerbk

spencerbk Member

Woo hoo! I just ordered the one on the Emporium a few days back and I should see it this week. Thanks for keeping me excited - it will go between a Jazzmaster and a Tone King Comet (and a bunch of other pedals too).

8. T-bone

T-bone Member

I LOVE my boostier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. WailinGuy

WailinGuy Member

+1.

My Boostier adds some great MOJO to my clean tone and takes nothing away. Fat and warm, but still clear.

10. mr.mattphisto

mr.mattphisto Member

A little mojo is a great way to put it....:AOK

11. austratman23

austratman23 Supporting Member

i have a boostiest II for sale if anyone is interested