• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Butterfield, Bloomfield, & Naftalin Live in 1971

65DuoSonic

Was cruising Youtube videos, and noticed this b&w two-camera video of Paul Butterfield, Michael Bloomfield, and Mark Naftalin doing a show together in 1971. It was directed by a dude named Robert C Lewis, who kindly posted it to Youtube. It's like a mini Butterfield Blues Band reunion, with several of the original members. Since there isn't much footage of Bloomfield and Butterfield sharing a stage, I thought I'd post a link if anyone was interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps3x-_JdIeg

Last edited:

sfarnell

Silver Supporting Member
John Kahn on bass, Mark Naftalin on keys. Great! Love the tone of Bloomfield's burst. Kahn and Naftalin (short stint) later played with the Jerry Garcia Band.

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
Thanks Duosonic for that........I sure miss those guys...

Blue Light

Amen. Huge influence on me as a kid and they still remain idols in heaven. Well, Mark is still on earth. I've seen him play around Connecticut and he's still got it.

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
Amen. Huge influence on me as a kid and they still remain idols in heaven. Well, Mark is still on earth. I've seen him play around Connecticut and he's still got it.

Good to hear Mark is still around... I was involved with a project with Harvey Brooks years ago...Great bassist and person. I went to a Berklee Summer session with Peter Strazza from The Electric Flag..an equally nice guy

65DuoSonic

No problem. It's always cool to find a video (or audio) that you haven't got a chance to view before, for whatever reason. I only wish I could have seen these cats back when they were walking the planet; such uber-talented, passionate, bold, mind-blowing artists who perfected their craft by watching and playing with the masters, who too are sadly no longer with us.

Jonny D

I absolutely love it. I still think these guys are consistently better than anything the Bluesbreakers ever put out.

ropiyas

1972440_10152006457905924_1854858573_n.jpg

http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/vintageguitar/201405/index.php

Last edited:

Top Bottom