buy a Keeley Mod AD-9 or wait for MXR Carbon Copy

revgsmall

I have limited time to buy a Keeley Modded Ibanez AD-9 (true bypass only mod) for $160 or order the MXR Carbon Copy. I mainly want it for authentic slap back tape echo tones. Give me your opinions asap!!!!

tonefreak

My MXR Carbon Copy just shipped today and I place my order this past Friday. MXR is huge, so you just have to Google search and find a shop that has one. MXR is shipping them all over...

pen15

i say wait...the keeley ad9 isnt that special...did a weird thing to my tone...weird tone when effect is on...mxr sound clips sound great!

jb1911

I've had both and the CC is the clear winner, and the waits not that long, they are in stock at a lot of places. It really does a great slapback.

revgsmall

i say wait...the keeley ad9 isnt that special...did a weird thing to my tone...weird tone when effect is on...mxr sound clips sound great!
I also thought I would try the EH #1 Echo, and I have the same complaint about that pedal. Its like the volume drops a bit and my amp sounds like it is doing the output only of a reverb tank.

mikelaw

keeley ad9 wins imho. tried them both tonight...

i dont like the bypass on the cc. the decibels raised even when the pedal is being bypassed compared to cable straight into amp. keeley ad9 doesnt do that because it is true bypass. also i dont like the modulation. it is SO subtle you cant even tell if its on or off without looking at the light.

600ms is better then the ad9 at 300 i think but i never use alot anyway.

the good thing is the tone on the cc is GREAT! fat and nice tones across the spectrum.
i cancelled my order for the cc because bypass is really important to me. i dont like pedals coloring the tone/level when the pedal is off.

Trending Topics