• Please use the following thread to discuss any bugs, issues, or feature requests related to the forum software upgrade.

Click here for Thread

Buy Vypyr or Vox Valvetech ?

I've played the Vypyr but not the Vox. Want this for home/practice.

I've heard a lot of negatives on the vypyr for reliability.

Any opinions on which is the better SS amp ?

OH, And I meant Valvetronix, not Valvetech - Denny Crane

Last edited:
I got the tube thing covered with a Swart AST Head & Cab. Just too damn loud to get it to sound right in my room !

I did manage to play the Vox today and that sounded great too - I'm tempted to say it sounded better - but I've got to do a little more back & forth before I make that call. The Peavey has got me stalled because of all the forum complaints.

Mikey2201

Supporting Member
My wife bought me the 15 watt Viper, she said "here this is smaller and quieter than your black amp (Mesa F50)";)

It's nice little practice amp. I like it. It does not replace my other amp but it good if you just want to plug in and not shake the house apart.

It takes a little while to dial in some good sounds but they are there. The effects are no bad at all. When i do crack it up its a lot closer to a tube amp than most of the modeling amps i have tried.

On the flip side the Vox Valvetronix is also a nice amp with a lot of good tones.

Trending Topics