Buying a Ceriatone, which model for this specific JTM45 sound...

Billy1234

The organic THICK crunch and clarity, great sustain, nice cleans, vintage 60's rock sound. I love the JTM sound in this video specifically at 22:30 but I dont know enough about all the tube options in a jtm45 to pick out what this one might have - kt66, el34, not to mention the several jtm45 based ceriatone options and customizations to be had... help jtm45 experts, you're my only hope!

Last edited:

vashondan

Gold Supporting Member
I have no idea but that part of the video that you pointed out sounds amazing. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Stormin

Tele's and Plexis
The organic THICK crunch and clarity, great sustain, nice cleans, vintage 60's rock sound. I love the JTM sound in this video specifically at 22:30 but I dont know enough about all the tube options in a jtm45 to pick out what this one might have - kt66, el34, not to mention the several jtm45 based ceriatone options and customizations to be had... help jtm45 experts, you're my only hope!

I have a stock JTM45 reissue (factory loaded with 5881's). I can easily get that sound with my '52ri Telecasters and an AC Booster. You don't need a KOT to nail it, but having some amp volume helps tremendously.

GhettoRig.jpg

Wirezz

I have a ceriatone JTM45 (you can see it in my display pic). Nik has alot of mods up his sleeve. Just send him this clip and I'm sure he can advise you on what needs to be done.

Billy1234

I have a ceriatone JTM45 (you can see it in my display pic). Nik has alot of mods up his sleeve. Just send him this clip and I'm sure he can advise you on what needs to be done.

Ah that's nice to know. I was guessing Nik wouldn't have an ear for specific tones but was just a genius at copying circuits.

How do you like your ceria jtm45? I havent read a single bad review of them anywhere so far. Theres a JTM45 and a JTM45 Bluesbreaker, I wonder what the main difference is (wish he had descriptions on his page for all amps)

What tubes did you get?
Anything you'd do differently?

To get the kinds of tone in this video, is the volume deafening or manageable - I'm playing through 2x12 w scumback m75 pvcs. It looks like you can go to half power on the ceria jtm45s which must help quite a bit for band practice to still get cranked marshall tones?

Oh and I already have a killer 60th anniversary tele thats my #1 right now :)

Last edited:

Wirezz

Ah that's nice to know. I was guessing Nik wouldn't have an ear for specific tones but was just a genius at copying circuits.

How do you like your ceria jtm45? I havent read a single bad review of them anywhere so far. Theres a JTM45 and a JTM45 Bluesbreaker, I wonder what the main difference is (wish he had descriptions on his page for all amps)

What tubes did you get?
Anything you'd do differently?

To get the kinds of tone in this video, is the volume deafening or manageable - I'm playing through 2x12 w scumback m75 pvcs. It looks like you can go to half power on the ceria jtm45s which must help quite a bit for band practice to still get cranked marshall tones?

Oh and I already have a killer 60th anniversary tele thats my #1 right now :)

Oh nic has got pretty good ears. I have a ppimv installed so I can get cranked volumes at bedroom friendly levels. You definitely should get that.

Tubes are standard JJ.

critter74

Silver Supporting Member
Good luck with your search. I've been gassing for a JTM-45 as well for a long time after I sold my Dr. Z Route 66 (his version of a JTM45). I was also looking at Ceriatone for a long time.

Fortunately what's held me over is I have a Tweed Super that I run KT-66's in. It's amazing. It's not quite a JTM and certainly not quite the Tweed Super (Tweed Super and Tweed Bassman are pretty similar circuit wise but with some key differences- cathode bias, fixed Mid, etc and a we know the JTM was inspired by the Tweed Bassman).

It's got that nice thick roundnbass that isn't flabby now, even turned up, the highs and Presence are very similar to a JTM45's, etc. I run it with a Gold Lion KT66's, GZ34 (JJ) and 12AX7's in V1 (Tung-Sol) & V2 (Millard or JJ EC803S) but a 12AY7 for the PI (EH).

It's kind of like a Tweed JTM45. For me it has all the pluses I like of both with few of the drawbacks.

Anyways, I don't think you could go wrong with Veriatone and Nik can certainly get you exactly what you want.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom