• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Buying a guitar from Japan , maybe

edwarddavis

Gold Supporting Member
I am interested in buying a guitar from japan off ebay . Lots of pretty interesting stuff , just curious besides the shipping what costs are added if any when buying a guitar used or new outside the country .

I looked but could not find any threads . So any input would be great . I really get something if theres no big hidden costs.
thanks

Zeppe

International shipping fee and import fees/VAT.

Here in Europe we typically have a small import fee and 25% VAT incl. shipping cost. Ca. 10% for you guys? The same goes for both new and second-hand guitars.

evaporatus

Gold Supporting Member
Bought a cool rosewood tele off eBay Japan. Just paid price + shipping, Bo other tax or fees

Orville Greco

If the seller here ships to you using USPS it shud be cost of the guitar + shipping costs & shud arrive pretty quick!!

If you find something you like & the seller has good feedback your likely going to be fine, do it!

jwguitar

I've always been a huge fan of Japanese guitars though I've never actually ordered on from japan.

Here is a video of me playing my Yamaha SG700:

hank57

Platinum Supporting Member
I had guitar shipped from Japan and it was about $120, the guitar came without a case just well packed, arrived in three days. The shipping charge was part of sale and there was no hidden costs. Shipping company was ems