Buying a guitar from Japan , maybe

edwarddavis

Gold Supporting Member
I am interested in buying a guitar from japan off ebay . Lots of pretty interesting stuff , just curious besides the shipping what costs are added if any when buying a guitar used or new outside the country .

I looked but could not find any threads . So any input would be great . I really get something if theres no big hidden costs.
thanks

Zeppe

International shipping fee and import fees/VAT.

Here in Europe we typically have a small import fee and 25% VAT incl. shipping cost. Ca. 10% for you guys? The same goes for both new and second-hand guitars.

evaporatus

Gold Supporting Member
Bought a cool rosewood tele off eBay Japan. Just paid price + shipping, Bo other tax or fees

Orville Greco

If the seller here ships to you using USPS it shud be cost of the guitar + shipping costs & shud arrive pretty quick!!

If you find something you like & the seller has good feedback your likely going to be fine, do it!

jwguitar

I've always been a huge fan of Japanese guitars though I've never actually ordered on from japan.

Here is a video of me playing my Yamaha SG700:

hank57

Silver Supporting Member
I had guitar shipped from Japan and it was about $120, the guitar came without a case just well packed, arrived in three days. The shipping charge was part of sale and there was no hidden costs. Shipping company was ems

Trending Topics

Top Bottom