Buzz Feiten-Deal Gone Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy_Rage

Wow, the joys of Internet anonymity. I wonder why the seller said he paid in full. Now that the truth is out, will he disappear and appear with a new account?

Can't trust anybody on TGP anymore.

"Ooh this pedal is great bro"

"OOh this guitar great dude"

"ooh ooh ooh"

Kyle B

Wow, the joys of Internet anonymity. I wonder why the seller said he paid in full. Now that the truth is out, will he disappear and appear with a new account?

Can't trust anybody on TGP anymore.

"Ooh this pedal is great bro"

"OOh this guitar great dude"

"ooh ooh ooh"
Like somebody very wise and perceptive said a few pages ago....when theres two sides of a story, the truth always lies in the middle somewhere.....

'59_Standard

Or does Jim just mean he paid the deposit in 'full'. Mr Feiten has posted he didn't return the full amount of the deposit from what I read. In Jim's case maybe in all the excitement he kinda lost track...

Just a note to correct Jim's account of the deal. He paid a 50% deposit, ($1750) NOT payment in full. I'd be happy to post the invoice if anyone cares. The deposit was in part used to buy the body and neck for his build. I didn't want to argue or try and change his mind, so I decided to just refund his deposit instead, even though it had already cost me over $750. I accept complete responsibility for dropping off the radar during my shop move and health stuff, and my apology still stands, but I needed to correct his claim that he paid in full up front.

Wow! Just Wow!!
When I first talked with Mr Feiten and he told me he gets from 3 to 5 thousand for a guitar I told him that he was out of my league. I told him that my guitar budget stayed around 1500.00 give or take and that was the end of our conversation. He Called Me back and said that he had an old Jorge Santana body that had not sold and that he would use that body along with a neck he already had and build a guitar for me for 1750. plus shipping. I agreed. I asked about the payment schedule and he said I had to pay in full. By Check. He also insisted that I spend the money to overnight the check to him. I didn't and he wasn't happy about that. I have enclosed two invoices. The first is an invoice he sent before he received the check. The second is after he received the check. If, as he says, he decided to just refund my deposit, then why am I still having to go through all of this to get the rest of my money back?

I don't know how to add the invoices. If someone can help me with that I will get them up ASAP

I have posted the invoices to my Facebook account. Anyone can see them. I will continue to try and get them posted here as well.

diego

This is my first time posting in any forums or gear related threads. I just want to offer my sincere apologies to Jim for the delay getting him the rest of his refund. He will get it by April 1st.
Just a note to correct Jim's account of the deal. He paid a 50% deposit, ($1750) NOT payment in full.
He Called Me back and said that he had an old Jorge Santana body that had not sold and that he would use that body along with a neck he already had and build a guitar for me for 1750. plus shipping. I agreed. I asked about the payment schedule and he said I had to pay in full. By Check.

Sounds like the amount paid isn't in dispute. An apology has been made, and a date has been given for returning the money.

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
Sounds like the amount paid isn't in dispute. An apology has been made, and a date has been given for returning the money.

Actually, Buzz went out of his way to say that the amount paid wasn't the full price (challenging the word of the OP)...the OP is indicating that it was...I find it incredibly odd that Buzz felt inclined to post the positive email from another buyer...one that he admits he had hanging for a LOOOOONG time. Not looking good for the builder here...

These are the copies of the invoices. I hope I did this right. If not I'll keep working on it.

It looks like this worked. The invoice marked 1 is the one sent before Mr Feiten cashed my check. The second one marked 2 was sent after he cashed my check. These are both from emails.

PJPicker

Huge Bummer, being a big fan of his gutar playing since I saw him play with Paul Butterfield in 1969. I can't imagine why a guy with his reputation over the years would do such a terrible thing? Hope this is resolved quickly!
Do we know it's not an imposter?

jads57

Silver Supporting Member
I certainly hope so. He was very instrumental in so many ways of guitar playing! That's him on the intro of Footloose by Kenny Loggins, Jungle Walk by The Rascals, played with so many artists form Tom Scott (saxaphone) Bette Middler, Randy Crawford, David Sanborn, David Letterman NBC band, even movie star Bruce Willis Blues Band.

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member

These are the copies of the invoices. I hope I did this right. If not I'll keep working on it.

It looks like this worked. The invoice marked 1 is the one sent before Mr Feiten cashed my check. The second one marked 2 was sent after he cashed my check. These are both from emails.

Thanks man....this isn't good at all...

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
It's fascinating how this thread has gone completely silent (including Buzz) after the OP posted the invoices...

I agree that it would be cool if the builder knew in advance that a thread like this was coming, but when you go missing and won't return emails or respond to Facebook messages.....well, you leave someone no choice.

I'd like to see anything substantiating Buzz's claim that the guitar was not paid in full.

Thanks OP for taking on the chin for trying to alert the members of TGP. Some of us really do appreciate it.

Last edited:

Okra

Both receipts indicate a deposit was paid.
I am glad Mr. Feiten is refunding your deposit in full. I hope this works out to both party's satisfaction.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom