Buzz Feiten-Deal Gone Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
My bad, I deleted my post. The topic is inflammatory enough without me adding to it.

But you're absolutely correct. Has anyone EVER seen an invoice where the product it listed at half the price it's actually selling for?

Buzz could have addressed this but he's gone missing just like he went missing for the OP.

I really hope the OP finally gets fully refunded by the April 1st promised date.

scottcw

Low rent hobbyist
Silver Supporting Member
He hasn't "gone missing"
he wasn't a member here before the OP started this thread
he only joined TGP in order to give his side of the story
he stated in his first post that he never participated in an online forum
rather than misinterpreting his absence here, why not wait and see what the final outcome is regarding the deposit?

That is an alarmingly sensible suggestion. I have reported your post as you clearly should be banned from TGP.

The first invoice shows that he doesn't have the check yet and that I owe $1750.00. Due upon receipt. The second invoice was after he ran to the bank and cashed my check. That was on the same day. He then sent the second invoice that shows NO BALANCE DUE because it has been paid in full. And yes Buzzy has kinda "gone missing". I sent him a text asking him to confirm what he has stated here about sending the refund by the end of the month. Nothing.
As I posted earlier, when Buzz told me he got 3 to 5k per guitar I told him that was too rich for me and we ended the conversation. He called me back and offered the other options that I have already mentioned.

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
He hasn't "gone missing"
he wasn't a member here before the OP started this thread
he only joined TGP in order to give his side of the story
he stated in his first post that he never participated in an online forum
rather than misinterpreting his absence here, why not wait and see what the final outcome is regarding the deposit?

He's absolutely gone missing....right after he challenged the OP's claim of the actual cost of the guitar.

He took the time to post how someone else LOOOOVES his guitar (just totally weird) and that the OP only paid a deposit (clearly not true)...something absolutely not reflected on the invoice.

Buzz was last on TGP on Sunday, but he couldn't be bothered to post here. Hardly surprising...

beorn

He then sent the second invoice that shows NO BALANCE DUE because it has been paid in full.
Look on the last page. The $1750 figure got bumped to its own page.

But this isn't a defense of Buzz. Since the price and deposit are both listed as $1750, the balance due should really be $0 -- that's obvious.

I think Buzz might simply have used an Excel template that was already filled out with typical amounts for such a build.

If so, he changed the numbers in the top part (price, deposit) correctly... but then he forgot to change that last number, of balance due, to $0 (because he had made a special deal with the OP that this guitar was half off).

Carltone

I would love to live in a world where I could get a $5000.00 custom guitar for one low payment of $1750... I’m sure there was a giant miscommunication somewhere.
OP... you said you called Buzz and found out his price was too high. You declined... which is cool. Then he called you back with a much lower price... way lower.... Think about how that doesn’t make sense... who would offer that? Maybe he confused you with another customer who he thought he was calling back to solidify a deposit situation...
I can see that happening with some of the builders I have worked with... but I can’t see any of them offering me a $5000 guitar for $1750 out of the blue. I just think you were the victim of a mistake and not a scam... I do hope you get your money back!

photoguy

^ by the very same token, (after the OP said that the 5K was out of his budget) some builders might like to get $1750 than get nothing. Just because the asking price of an item is $5K doesn't necessarily mean that there's not a lot of room to move in the price someone would ultimately settle for, and an individuals particular circumstances most likely dictates what that real price becomes.

macmax77

Silver Supporting Member

These are the copies of the invoices. I hope I did this right. If not I'll keep working on it.

It looks like this worked. The invoice marked 1 is the one sent before Mr Feiten cashed my check. The second one marked 2 was sent after he cashed my check. These are both from emails.

Are you Jimi H?
Hendrix?

trap

Gold Supporting Member
Well April 1 is Sunday. Easter Sunday to be exact. So the proof will be in the pudding. Easter pudding??

fitzo

Gold Supporting Member
This is my first time posting in any forums or gear related threads. I just want to offer my sincere apologies to Jim for the delay getting him the rest of his refund. He will get it by April 1st. I completely understand his frustration. I also appreciate the folks who have come forward in support. They are correct in the assumption that trying to build guitars that aren't Tele or Strat clones is a challenge, and that I've never been a guy that steals people's money or tries to cheat them. This is my first request for a refund, as I've always delivered the guitars that people ordered, usually WAAAAY late. Most of my clients are repeat customers. I must admit I completely blew this deal with Jim by dropping off the radar during some health and personal challenges. I absolutely should have been in touch and responded more promptly. Once again, my sincere apologies.

Quoted to preserve.

Sorry to read you didn't get your refund by the promised date, OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom