Buzz Feiten-Deal Gone Bad

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by Jimmy Hendricks, Mar 19, 2018.

1. rhinocaster

rhinocaster Supporting Member

Glad you did this....the OP hasn't been treated well by the builder or by TGP.

2. Jimmy Hendricks

Jimmy Hendricks Member

It looks like Buzz is still trying to sell his wares on his Facebook page. His phone number has changed (818-508-0070) but I can't get an answer. I also don't see a new address so if any of you come across that I would appreciate it if you would share it with me.
    Thanks

3. diego

diego Member

The phone number on the Buzz Feiten Official web page is: phone: (310) 488-7204 or buzz.feiten@yahoo.com

My understanding is that there are two companies, one selling the older guitars (Buzz's former partner): the T-Pro, etc., and one selling the newer guitars (Buzz Feiten): the Supernova, etc. I did email Buzz Feiten earlier about this thread, using the form on the Buzz Feiten Official web site, before he responded on the Gear Page.

The number you list is from the company selling the older guitars, and that is the Facebook site you posted on as well. I think you need to use the new contact information to actually get in touch with Buzz.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  4. Jay K

Jay K Member

When I read he wanted his payment sent by Federal Express overnight, I suspected he had a significant cash flow problem. I am now thinking the only way the OP gets his money back is if someone else gets suckered into sending a check FedEx overnight, and the OP is first in line for a refund from that money. We may be in Ponzi scheme territory.

But this is only speculation, and I hope I am wrong and he just refunds the money irrespective.

rhinocaster likes this.
  5. rhinocaster

rhinocaster Supporting Member

The OP appeared very genuine in his posts here and we've now seen Buzz promise and not deliver....it really seemed impossible that the OP would be reimbursed by the 1st. I was hoping that all of the signs here were wrong. But they weren't.

Funny how some TGPers that beat up on the OP actually "liked" the posts Buzz made.

Thumpalumpacus, jkr and cmatthes like this.
  6. Bogner

Bogner Member

So where are things at in this?

7. scottcw

scottcw Low rent hobbyist Silver Supporting Member

Yes, someone please catch me up since I am too busy/important/lazy to actually read the latest posts. Kisses!

8. Jimmy Hendricks

Jimmy Hendricks Member

There is an update on the first page.

fitzo and rhinocaster like this.
  9. Jimmy Hendricks

Jimmy Hendricks Member

You may be right but I don't think so. It's my understanding that the guitars that are being sold as kits( Reverb.com) are the ones that the former partner has. Both phone numbers and both web sites( Facebook and Supernova) are still Buzzy. I can't prove it so, like you I am speculating.

10. Jimmy Hendricks

Jimmy Hendricks Member

OK, hold on to your G string! I just got a text from Buzzy saying the check is in the mail. Tracking number and everything. I will let you know what happens.

Jerrod, fitzo and rhinocaster like this.
  11. Bluesful

Bluesful Supporting Member

How did you know what I was wearing?

Honch, Da Geezer and Blackmoreguitar like this.
  12. Bobby Smith

Bobby Smith Member

That is good news. Hopefully he follows through. He must be having some financial problems, but he should have been up front about it with you.

I only take a 50% deposit when taking orders, and the rest upon completion. Usually 50% just barely covers parts so it's incentive to complete in a timely manner to cover the rest. :) Ive had customers want to pay 100% thinking that will move things along quicker. I always talk them out that. :D

13. freedom's door

freedom's door Member

OP, I hope it works out, and this is over with for you.

14. Jimmy Hendricks

Jimmy Hendricks Member

I spoke too soon. Buzz said he mailed it yesterday. He didn't. He said he mailed it today. He didn't. He did create a label with a tracking number but it shows that nothing has shown up at the post office to be mailed yet. Ill give it a couple of days and see what happens. He says he mailed it. Ill keep checking and hoping for the best. I'll let you know.

15. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon

Please sue Buzz into oblivion. Press criminal charges. Never delete this thread.

freedom's door likes this.
  16. Bluesful

So sue this guy, but accept $1,500 (half of what's owed) from another builder without suing??

17. Guitar Josh

I'm sorry (not sorry) that you don't recognize the obvious differences between the two scenarios, and I'm not inclined to explain them to you either.

FiestaRed and cmatthes like this.
  18. Suave Eddie

Suave Eddie Member

Who sends checks? Why can't he PPG you?

Stu Cats, cmatthes and rhinocaster like this.
  19. Bluesful

Damn. It was sure to be captivating.

20. Guitar Josh

[​IMG]