• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

BYOC Analog delay?

sketches

There doesn't seem to be much talk about these? I'm looking to buy one to go along with a Nova Modulator as the 'mod' part of my 4-pedal board. Is it worth the $200? Should I keep my eyes out for a used AD-900 instead? I've already seen the YouTube clips but I want actual feedback, not sales pitches!

Cheers guys!

whoismarykelly

Oh look! This is a thing I can change!
I would say its a decent 7/10 pedal. There is some noise and the delay level cant actually get as loud as the dry but its a pleasing sound that really gets to the heart of analog delay which is an imperfect copy of what you put in.

griley

I've been using one for a few months
Pros;
it sounds great (I much prefer it to the carbon copy which I had previously)
oscillates really nicely
long delay time
cheap if you build it yourself

Cons;
low delay level (it's not quite as loud as the dry signal)

I've found it to be quite noisy if set for the full 1s of delay, but I set mine for about 850ms and it's much quieter.

Overall for long ambient stuff it is wonderful and the short mode is good for slapback, but its not so good for rhythmic delay due to the dark tone/low delay level.

Cpt. Picard

It looks like a pretty foreboding kit to put together, no?!

:crazy

I've made a couple BYOC and built a ggg with relative ease, but that's a monster...

I imagine it gets less talk cos so many other kits just get built more...

whoismarykelly

Oh look! This is a thing I can change!
It looks like a pretty foreboding kit to put together, no?!

:crazy

I've made a couple BYOC and built a ggg with relative ease, but that's a monster...

I imagine it gets less talk cos so many other kits just get built more...
It looks intimidating but the instructions are really clear. Its not really set up for beginners though since you have to know part numbering codes for example as there are no R1, R2, etc... designations.

mrface2112

i've been thinking about putting one together just b/c it looks like it's a whole lot of fun.

but that's been delayed for a while b/c i just picked up a carbon copy and it does pretty much what i was hoping for.

but man, that BYOC sure looks like fun to put together!

cheers,
wade

Trending Topics