BYOC or GGG Rat clone?

gnugear

Don't care about boost, turbo, OD, or other options ... just pure vintage Rat tone. I've got an '84 big box Rat on loan and I want to build the kit that will best cop this era.

skunx

Silver Supporting Member
I've heard the BYOC is one of the best rat variants out there. Supposedly similar to the Brown Rabbit which I think is an awesome pedal.

jdel77

I've had my BYOC up against a friends mid-80's Rat and I couldn't tell which was what. The BYOC is bang on.

jdel77

Its a killer man. There are 6 different clipping options, socket the last 2 and you can put whatever you want in as clipping diodes to really customise it to your tastes. IN position number 5 I put a 1n34a germanium diode and a 5mm red led. Really gets some crazy velcro fuzz going on. and thats just 1 position out of 6 clipping choices!

Stormbringer

I don't know the GGG but the BYOC Mouse is great, absolutely fantastic. The 6 distortion types (Rat, Turbo Rat, Mosfet Dist, Dist, OD and Mosfet OD, If I am not mistaken) are all great.

johan

Yes, and even if you only want the stock old RAT tone you get the extras for free and they will blow you away. Highly recommended!