BYOC Parametric Overdrive: Anyone feeling GASeous?

geek-mo

Silver Supporting Member
I had never heard of the Pearl OD-05 that this pedal is based on. BYOC describes it as "A transparent overdrive that can boost or cut any frequency, in practically the entire useful spectrum range of a guitar." Sounds kind of Timmy-esque, but it may be a different animal altogether.

It's now on my wish list, but I have a few BYOC pedals in line ahead of it. Why, you ask? Because, my friends, BYOC pedals kick ass! They ALL need to be built.

:munch

mattlee0037

Yeah I saw that while I was browsing. It's a bit more refined than the Timmy eq in that you can select the q the frequency and the amount of boost or cut. Although I did pick up a Large Beaver and 5 Knob Comp Boards while I was there, can't wait to build em.

Jason_77

I saw this a few days ago and am quite excited. Even better than being able to boost the perfect frequencies is being able to CUT the problematic ones. I really wish more ODs came with parametric EQs.

chankgeez

I've got an OD-05.

I can't really speak on the hype, I wouldn't call it "transparent", but it's one of the very few Tube Screamer-ish pedals I've played that I really liked.

The parametric aspect of it is extremely useful.

geek-mo

Silver Supporting Member
I've got an OD-05.

I can't really speak on the hype, I wouldn't call it "transparent", but it's one of the very few Tube Screamer-ish pedals I've played that I really liked.

The parametric aspect of it is extremely useful.
That must have been quite the score! I understand they're very rare.

chankgeez

I've had it for a long time. I'm a big fan of all the Pearl pedals. They're real sleepers.

The only quibble I have with them is the build quality is a bit less than ideal. I'm sure if the BYOC is as accurate as it claims to be, it'll be more reliable in addition to being cheaper. I might eventually pick one up, even though I rarely use that type of sound.