BYOC Tube Screamer

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jay66, Feb 16, 2008.

1. jay66

jay66 Member

I just finished my first BYOC build, Man what a blast to build and easy. I also did a few mods to it as well and just finished the paint job, I think it turned out pretty cool. Very nice sounding pedal IMO. Next I'm going to try their fuzz. Here's a pic.
    [​IMG]

2. cugel

cugel Supporting Member

very nice job, how did you do that paint?
    i have one as well that i am currently waiting to mod to l'do like specs
    what did you do to yours?
    i have the byoc mkII and it kills
    the biggest reason why more havent caught on to these pedals is because they dont have some sexy name behind them
    no one gets excited about something you put together yourself cause there is no mystique to it

3. nibus

nibus Silver Supporting Member

Nice! Looks awesome. How would you compare it to a stock TS808?

You're gonna have to call it the "Jay-DO" because it looks a lot like a landgraff. How did you paint it like that anyway?

You know, you could build those kits with some modded specs and that cool paint job and sell them for a good amount. Oh wait, I think that's already underway.

4. cugel

cugel Supporting Member

yeah there is a guy in sd that is doing that and i am sure on flea bay its the same

5. jay66

jay66 Member

Thanks. The paint is poured on. Kind of trial and error. I do have some ideas for some really wild looking paint jobs.
    Mods: I changed the resistor for more max distortion and went with the .10 cap instead of the 047. I'm still playing around with different ICs. I'm hooked and want to build more.

6. SoCalSteve

SoCalSteve Member

I love the look of that pedal! Nice job on the lettering, also. I'm gonna have to try my hand at building one of their pedals.

7. trumpus

trumpus Supporting Member

How'd you do the lettering. Using the waterslide decals on my builds has always bothered me!

Brian

8. jay66

jay66 Member

They are hand painted.

9. thewex

thewex Member

very cool man, some sort of BYOC is next on my list. but what?

10. III

III Member

Wow... I hope my first build turns out that good looking. I've got four to build, maybe the fourth one will look that good.

11. jay66

jay66 Member

You know, you could build those kits with some modded specs and that cool paint job and sell them for a good amount. Oh wait, I think that's already underway.[/quote]

I am planning to paint a few different sized undrilled empty enclosures and put them on Ebay and a web site. Maybe make a little extra money for a few toys. If BYOC starts selling boards again selling pedals could be an option. Like I said I have some ideas for some wild paint jobs.