• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Bypassing Mesa Cab Clone

Pick53766

Some Mesa amps have a built-in cab clone unit. Is it possible to somehow bypass the cab sim itself while using the attenuated output? The idea is to run the output into a CabM without having to attenuate it with a Captor first. I mean, I could but there is apparently a power soak in the amp already...

I see there is no switch but I am no stranger to soldering and this looks like an achievable mod.

mlj_gear

It looks like the line outs on those amps are part of the CabClone circuitry, so you could just use the line out, and it will send a line-level version of the attenuated signal to your CabM, no? The manuals suggest this as well.

Depends on the amp i guess..on the mark v 25 i don’t think you can as it does not have. Line out...but on the TC 50 that i tried out you could route the line out to a cab sim..

mlj_gear

Depends on the amp i guess..on the mark v 25 i don’t think you can as it does not have. Line out...but on the TC 50 that i tried out you could route the line out to a cab sim..
Ah... Good point; I had looked at the TCs first and then the new Badlanders, but not not the lower-powered amps with CabClones built in.

Pick53766

Still, there may be a point in the circuit where one might patch in and get the dry attenuated signal. I mean, I can hook up the Captor but this would save me some bucks and an extra box.

Trending Topics