C#5 without falsetto... I'm done.

rwe333

Silver Supporting Member
Paul Rodgers/Bad Company hits C#5 in chorus of Wild Fire Woman, C5 at end of Can't Get Enough. Glenn Hughes and Jimmy Barnes regularly sing melodies in in the D5 & E5 range.

While on the subject of high notes...
Think the highest i've heard is Dug Pinnock/KingsX on a live in London DVD before an encore of Over My Head; he's way up in the whistle tone range. Can't find YT clip anymore...
Ian Gillan w/ a B6 at 6:00: Glenn Hughes up to C6 at 3:45:

Last edited:

cram

When someone can belt that level of register out of their bodies and with control - I truly am in awe. I wish I could posses that control at that level.
I think this went viral earlier this year or perhaps 15mos ago, but since I've learned about this guy and have followed

Josh Weathers

I love the sound too - nice small place and he has everyone in on his performance. Just simply great stuff:

You can extend the range of your voice over what you think it is. There is a physical genetic limit.

An incredible singer with a natural bass voice will never be able to hit the notes a natural soprano will hit. And that soprano will never command the bass register like the natural bass singer.

You can practice until you are blue in the face but you are born with your voice and there is only so much you can do.

This is where the other factors of a voice come in.

My point in my original post is do not try to be something you are not. If you are gifted with the voice you wish you had do the best with the one you have.

As my guitar instructor told me this past Sunday....

"The thing that turns me off the most about music is when people play (or sing) something out of their talent/skill level/range."
Just like guitar playing, you can refine and refine and refine and work with what you have. I also think that, over time you start to sing what is more "true you" and true to your musical soul/style. If all goes well.

Observe this:

Last edited:

Matt L

Just watched this video, and I thought of this thread. Check out Coverdale at 10:13....that’s the highest note I’ve ever heard him hit-

Davepitt11

Yeah that's nothing.
Tony Harnell doing 7 semitones higher here into the solo at 2:16... :)

Damn, I wore out the first 2 or 3 TNT albums. Cheezy? Sure, but Ronnie Lee Tekro had such cool phrasing for a guy from that era/ilk (definitely some Brian May influence).

Davepitt11

When someone can belt that level of register out of their bodies and with control - I truly am in awe. I wish I could posses that control at that level.
I think this went viral earlier this year or perhaps 15mos ago, but since I've learned about this guy and have followed

Josh Weathers

I love the sound too - nice small place and he has everyone in on his performance. Just simply great stuff:

That's fantastic.

Go Cat Go!!

Someone posted Ripper Owens last year at rehearsal with the boys doing Desert Plains. He's got a great range.

Trending Topics