C.C. Adcock: underrated

NoahL

Well, he's a guitar player and it's a great guitar album. Plus, I think you failed to catch my humorous tone.

NoahL

I bet someone got the joke -- that I'd have no reason to be pissed at people for not responding to a fairly obscure post. Also that I'd actually wait around three months for a response. Anyway, he's a guitarist worth listening to.

Stike

I bet someone got the joke -- that I'd have no reason to be pissed at people for not responding to a fairly obscure post. Also that I'd actually wait around three months for a response. Anyway, he's a guitarist worth listening to.
Missed it the first time around. I saw him open for Dick Dale maybe 16-17 years ago, dug it and bought the CD. A few months later he comes back through town to play at some little bar and it's apparent that my girlfriend (now wife) and I are the only ones there that know who he is. At one point I request "Kissin Kouzins" and CC and the band seem genuinely surprised:p. After the show he buys us some drinks and shoots the ****, tells me about his Trusart which NOBODY had ever heard of back then. He wound up buying a bunch of Johnny Cash flipping the bird tshirts from me (I was a printer back then and had a box of 'em in the trunk) and that was it. As far as I knew he was done touring and recording, it was hard to get info in those pre internet days. 4 or 5 years later my wife and I are some little bar in New Orleans and he walks in and sits a couple tables down from us. He spots me and remembers the shirts, more drinks and **** shooting. A couple years later the band I was tour managing was on the same bill with him in Chicago, I think I was wearing my Johnny Cash shirt at the time. A couple years ago when he was touring for Lafeyette Marquis and played my town. I figure no way he remembers now. He walked up and said "Johnny Cash!!" and then gave me a copy of LM. Good dude, great player.

NoahL

+1 to both of you guys -- thanks for responding. great story, btw. glad we all agree on a great musician (and a great guy, it seems). peace.

TNO

I knew him when he was a kid...used to show up at my gigs-way underage to be there :7) He started a little blues band called the "Boogie Chillun" and got me to open for them a few times. They always pulled big crowds and Charles was very generous with sharing the take from the gig. He just totally lived and breathed the guitar. I'm glad he's had some success. The True Blood thing was great-notice how the camera kept going back to the band?

SwampMaster

Hi, I just found this forum and CC Adcock reference. I've released a website dedicated to CC and want to build more information about the guitars he plays - can anyone shed more light on this please? He's mostly been seen playing a Trussart Steelcaster. He also plays a beautiful King's Guitars Swamp Cooler electric. Anyone got any more information on this topic please? The site is www.ccadcockswamprocker.com BTW.

Trending Topics