Cab construction pics and dimensions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by trumpus, Jan 29, 2008.

1. trumpus

trumpus Supporting Member

Hey all,

I'm having a friend of mine who is a pretty darn accomplished woodworker help me build a 1X12 and/or 2X12 cabinet. We are plannning on building it out of a nice hardwood and staining it rather than tolexing. Eventually, the plan is to build a matching head cab for a small, bedroom-ish type amp.

For some inspiration and ideas as to specifics of construction, I would love to see some of your pictures of cabinet construction. Additionally, dimensions of 1X12 and 2X12 cabinets would also be helpful.

Right now I am leaning towards building an oversized 1X12 - something this size:

[​IMG]

Any pictures of the process or at the very least the unfinished/untolexed barebones frame of the cabinet would be great. I'm having some issues visualizeing how the grill, baffle and speakers are attached.

2. trumpus

Bump...come on folks - post your pics!

3. brewhound

brewhound Member

4. trumpus

Thanks - I've seen those. I was kind of hoping for some real pictures of cabs people have built around here....

Brian

5. dougk

dougk Silver Supporting Member

edit: need to read better

6. cram

cram Member

7. cram

cram Member

search for threads started by southbayAmpWorks. I recall him doing a few reviews on cabinets he bought and refurbished.
    lots of detail including how to wrap and pull tolex, run a line for the white trim lines etc..